This here is what i would like to buy

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o318/Muxster/raleigh.jpg

Perfect !!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed something on the Reign, why is there a cable going up into the seat???

Those seatposts can be lowered and extended with the flick of a switch on the bars. You lower it when you go down hill so that it is out of the way and when you need to sit and pedal you raise it again. That is the reason why MTBs still today have quick release seatpost clamps. With this you can just do it while riding.

Just noticed something on the Reign, why is there a cable going up into the seat???

that cable is for dropper/adjustable seatpost. It connects the remote on the bars to the seatpost.

One of these:

http://www.probikeshop.com/images/products/KS-KIND-SHOCK-Tige-de-Selle-COBRA-I900R-Telescopique-Remote-control1.jpg

Most likely remote seat post dropper, e.g. Joplin

Those seatposts can be lowered and extended with the flick of a switch on the bars. You lower it when you go down hill so that it is out of the way and when you need to sit and pedal you raise it again. That is the reason why MTBs still today have quick release seatpost clamps. With this you can just do it while riding.

Wow thats quite cool. How does it work??Is it via Hydrauilic if so isnt the system heavy?

Edited by Stevief

Wow thats quite cool. How does it work??Is it via Hydrauilic if so isnt the system heavy?

I think it is air. Anybody else? Yes it is heavier then a normal post but you don't setup a trail bike to be light weight.

It's a New Seat warmer deal for 29er's. :D

(adjust on the fly seatpost :thumbup: ) - really!

Go to the SRAM website.

yup! Rock Shox has released their Reverb adjustable seatpost. There are a few others on the market. Crank Brothers Joplin, KS, Specialized and Gravity Dropper.

I personally would go for either the RS or the KS ones. Most of them are about R2000 - R2300 in price. and yeah, weight wise you're looking at about 500g

yup! Rock Shox has released their Reverb adjustable seatpost. There are a few others on the market. Crank Brothers Joplin, KS, Specialized and Gravity Dropper.

I personally would go for either the RS or the KS ones. Most of them are about R2000 - R2300 in price. and yeah, weight wise you're looking at about 500g

Yeah these are perfect for a trail/all mountain bike and Ive been thinking of spending the cash for one myself.

I like the reverb but I've heard that it needs to be blead quite regularly to maintain best performance. I see the KS is operated by a cable so this might be less maintenance. Hmmm, what would the main advantage be to have a hydraulic system for an adjustable seatpost?

XC bike

Trail bike

Freeride bikes

All mountain bike

4X bike

Downhill bike

Trial bike

Man, oh man, you MTBers are suckers for marketing. They've got you all by the short-and-curleys.

that cable is for dropper/adjustable seatpost. It connects the remote on the bars to the seatpost.

One of these:

http://www.probikeshop.com/images/products/KS-KIND-SHOCK-Tige-de-Selle-COBRA-I900R-Telescopique-Remote-control1.jpg

I have one of these and its the best buy i ever did. Its amazing how much it changes your ride. Sometimes u come across a section that u just want the seat a little lower and push its there. And then for the rougher stuff its down to the bottom and when u want to ride up again its push and there. A very nice piece of kit

Yeah these are perfect for a trail/all mountain bike and Ive been thinking of spending the cash for one myself.

I like the reverb but I've heard that it needs to be blead quite regularly to maintain best performance. I see the KS is operated by a cable so this might be less maintenance. Hmmm, what would the main advantage be to have a hydraulic system for an adjustable seatpost?

My friend has two, and it might be the "one " that got away from the quality guys but he has had a few hassles with one of them. The KS is also hydraulic but is controlled by the cable.

Other than the flat looking bar I think that Black Trance looks pretty damned hot!

Oh .. and a Trail Bike will also be able to take more abuse than a XC type frame