My buddy wants to buy a Dual MTB - sorted thanks

Brakkies Sport Fotos

My buddy wants to buy a Dual MTB for up to R40k.

I suggest the scott spark 20 or Anthem Carbon

I dunno the Trek's, Spezialized is over prize?

Edited by popeye

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy wants to buy a Dual MTB for up to R40k.

I suggest the scott spark 20 or Anthem Canbon

I dunno the Trek's, Spezialized is over prize?

I got an 09 s-works stumpy with full x9 (brand new) for sale for 10k under his budget

ps: bike has the xx on in the pic and it has a seat now

post-10432-0-31226000-1303127417.jpg

If you are spending that much on a bike you will want to try a test ride before you buy. Just imagine you get good value for money on the components etc but hate riding the bike because (say) its geometry is too aggressive and you feel like you are falling off the front the whole time.

He want a new bike, I think he will go to R50k as well if he find what he wants.

Shoe boet, then the sky's the limit. Try something different then. What about a Santa Cruz Blur carbon or Morewood Zula. For 50k the bike's are all good.

with no disrespect to your buddy, but I assume that he is not a pro rider. If he was then he would already know what to get and not have to ask. Therefore my advice would be to get whichever bike looks the coolest and he is sure to get the attention he is looking for. Look for key words like carbon, ultra, pro, elite etc.

(ps. You posted in the rant and rave section, so I am having a rant) dont take it too seriously :rolleyes:

Santa Cruz or Morewood? As someone else asked. What type of riding does he do or want to be doing?

There are too many questions that need to be answered

Edited by Caerus