94.7 photos

Guest Michelle

Good question Brokespoke. I think that is why they put the copy all over it in red, so no one can just print it. It is these guys business, so you certainly do have a point!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That really is poor, the editorial do have an ethical and legal obligation to clarify the source of an image.

This is why I place a copyright logo on ANY image that I put online now.

@brokespoke & wonder woman- Although I shoot for both places you mentioned, I can't speak for them. I don't think there would be a problem posting the image on a forum, but the best bet would be to contact them directly first, if you are unsure.

You have been ripped.  Man that sucks, BIG TIME, but I am with Danger Dassie on this.  Put a big fat ? on al your images.  Then you can demand for cash... (if only I practice what I preach....)

Playing devils advocate: The argument could be put forward that this photo was placed in a "public domain" forum and thus became available to all as it was not specified as copyright.

Although I frown on using someone else's intelectual property without at least asking. I would have to suggest that if you don't want to make your work public domain you must 'copyright it"

I feel thats why I have the words "web copy" tatooed across my face on my "portrait Place " photo. Untill I purchase it I have no right to use it in any form.

Broke Spoke' date=' do something for your friends on the Hub, mail them and ask them. [/quote']

I think the reply would be a retorical  ; "why do you think we print "Copy right" across the picture??"

No royalties' date=' no mention... Cry[/quote']

In an warped way, I would take the fact that someone thought your photo  impressive enough to publish as a compliment. (and you have to admit it is a good photo)

If I was captured on film looking this good on a bike then you would all be getting a photoshop Christmas card from me!

If I was captured on film looking this good on a bike then you would all be getting a photoshop Christmas card from me!

Just as well you haven't been WinkBig%20smile

It appears that publishing your photos in a public domain does not void the copyright. It only changes the term that the copyright exists: instead of being valid for 50 years from your death, it becomes valid for 50 years from the publication date.

As for posting pictures from Mypicture etc. on the Hub for the purposes of criticsm or review (mainly the second one); you are not violating copyright, provided that you acknowledge the original copyright holder.

Guest Michelle

Hey... I found another one of my photos floating around LOL

I took it at the Tshwane OUTride Big%20smile  AND I got a mention... woohoo! 

PS: Still nothing from Scott.. rude bastids... now I'm definitely NEVER EVER going to buy a Scott (not that I would have anyway Dead)  First they put me on their mailing list without my knowledge & then they steal my photo!!  SPAMMING THIEVES!

Guest Michelle

nochain: I took them with Cruxie's camera.  I'm looking forward to seeing them too... 

Cruxie: *hint* *hint*