DC

no calves

Forecast: Saturday, 24 November 2007

Min:  11?CMax:  21?Chttp://www.weathersa.co.za/weathersa/images/icons/suncloudrain.gif
Weather:  Cloudy periods, morning showers (60%)
Wind:   moderate south-easterly
Sunrise:     05:24Sunset:  19:29
Moonrise:    19:48Moonset:  04:43
Moonphase:  Full Moon

Willehond, I think you were looking at Cape Town forecast - this is Robertson - Rain!Ouch

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willehond' date=' I think you were looking at Cape Town forecast - this is Robertson - Rain!Ouch[/quote']

Yes indeed. Confused  Must have been wishful thinking on my part!

WH & all the other physco's doing the DC, this is my 1st DC what does one do not to stress this week as I can already feel I am starting to get nervous and the stomach is starting to feel a tad queesy

WH & all the other physco's doing the DC' date=' this is my 1st DC what does one do not to stress this week as I can already feel I am starting to get nervous and the stomach is starting to feel a tad queesy

[/quote']

similarly LOL i dont know if i will be able to digest all the pasta I am going to eat this week!

WH & all the other physco's doing the DC' date=' this is my 1st DC what does one do not to stress this week as I can already feel I am starting to get nervous and the stomach is starting to feel a tad queesy [/quote']

Stomach queesy? Ha ha, hangover finally worn off Skye!!!?  Take it easy, WAAAAY too late to do anything about it now.  Make sure you know where and when to drop off your cooler bag, that you have everything pinned/strapped/glued to your kit and that you have enough gels/drinks/food/lube.  Make sure your support driver stays SOBER before and during the ride (after is NOT allowed) and that he/she knows where to turn up! 

In the end it is a fun event that will make you feel like you are a team time triallist!  Enjoy it!
Willehond2007-11-18 22:31:48

Stomach queesy? Ha ha, hangover finally worn off Skye!!!? 

Oom, you are currently skating on thin IceAngryAngry Hangover NEVER, i was discussing it with my eating partner last night as hubby is away in Europe, we came to the conclusion  it must have been the salad we ate as that was all we ate for some reason we never saw the main meal arrive nor the pudding.

Ask Oiltrash he was there in full force!!!! what does worry me is I have not seen him on line since, I wonder if he experienced the same problem Skye did yesterdayLOLLOLLOL

Tannie Skye (tannie are older than me arent tannie!?). Anyway, bowls of liquid grape salad will give you a headache!

Salusa45 and a new blue rinse should sort it out!Willehond2007-11-18 23:33:36

Nope for a change I am on Top Form.  I am a Scorpio and always have the LAST say!!!!!!!Clap

Welcome to have popcorn, slush puppies, smarties, jelly tots and what ever tickles your fancyThumbs%20Up

Ring seating is going fast so best hurry and take your seat before you miss the event

The DC is all about pacing yourself and keeping well fed and hydrated. Take it easy over Tradouws Pass, you dont want to hurt yourself there.

Took a leisurely ride (in the car I mean) over the route this weekend. Besides the obvious two passes there are a few nastly "bumps" in the road as well. The first being as you come out of Swellendam from the start, and the last two near the end (about 180km I think).

I thought I would check the route out to help me "visualize" the race. Only problem is - now I'm having nightmares as well !!!!! LOL racman2007-11-19 00:45:41

dont do anything "special" for the DC.

Its just another ride.

The difficult part will start (and its only mentally) at about 150 - 160ks.

Remember, dont try to be a "strongboy" in the beginning, let everyone do some work, dont try and be brave.

The last 20 - 30km got 2 or 3 nasty climbs.

nou waar is al die narre met hulle profiles' date=' routemaps etc.[/quote']

nee man....laat die narre eers wag tot so Donderdag...dan kan ons eers begin worry....nie op 'n maandag nie...te vroeg in die week!LOL