What happened to John-Lee Augustyn?

Silverback Ru

Perhaps they gave him a 1 year contract because they were unsure how he would perform, plus they knew Lance would retire and did not know what the sponsorship picture would look like for the team.

Lance generated a lot of hype around the team, they are a bit out of sight presently, imo.

Hey, the shack are still here:

http://solson.smugmug.com/photos/351035256_4UPQC-X2.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

See John Lee has surfaced (after SA Champs this year) with some weird sounding team in the Giro Del Trentino.

Hope his 2012 season goes well, plenty of potential has he

Utensilnord Named

Hope his 2012 season goes well, plenty of potential has he

As long as he can stay upright, he should do ok.

See John Lee has surfaced (after SA Champs this year) with some weird sounding team in the Giro Del Trentino.

And team's not so weird. Apart from all the Italians on an Irish team.

Only concerning thing, is that it is basically the old LPR Brakes team, and they had quite a culture of doping with Di Luca et al...

As far as I know, he went to a "lower profile" team to give himself time to rebuild after the crashes and operations he had a while back. No point to stay in Sky if you won't perform. Once he is back on it I'm sure a bigger team will pick him up again.

And team's not so weird. Apart from all the Italians on an Irish team.

Only concerning thing, is that it is basically the old LPR Brakes team, and they had quite a culture of doping with Di Luca et al...

Hmm ja sorri meant weird as in "who the heck are they" and not weird as in strange...

As far as I know, he went to a "lower profile" team to give himself time to rebuild after the crashes and operations he had a while back. No point to stay in Sky if you won't perform. Once he is back on it I'm sure a bigger team will pick him up again.

That makes sense, hope it works

Hmm ja sorri meant weird as in "who the heck are they" and not weird as in strange...

Well, now you know.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this has made it onto its own thread (Hubbing from my phone), but you guys see that JLA has retired (for the time being)? Plans to open a bike shop in PE.

Don't know if this has made it onto its own thread (Hubbing from my phone), but you guys see that JLA has retired (for the time being)? Plans to open a bike shop in PE.

Sad. What could have been...