Removing race stickers from carbon bars

Raceface

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rock and roll chain lube or any disc brake cleaner will work. infact most aeresol sprays should work. Next time don't buy a carbon frame. Stop being a posing wosse. Cycle a real bike.

You are almost as bad as the guy who wants to know the correct tyre pressure for his 29er, carbon, dual suspension bike, (did he mention the colour coded hope headset, seat clamp and skewers and the Sid shock?) especially when it is transported on the back of his BMW X6. Too much information, look on the tyre wall, idiot.

Metholated Spirits works pretty well.

The fumes are pretty good tooo - :blush:

Ooops- apologies this could open up a whole new doping post.

I tried the spirits yesterday, but then I got high...i was gonna try the Mister Min too, but then I got high...now i am at work and I am high, yeah yeah...cause i got high, cause i got high (sorry Afroman, i had to do it)

Great, thx for all the tips anyway! Will give it a go tonight.

LOL "Argust"-chirps...i have given the roadbike a bit of a rest, enjoying my MTB a bit!

Some Pick 'n Pays (and Builder's Warehouse) also sell a product called Goo Gone. Its a fantastic, non-abrasive adhesive residue remover. Works like a charm and one bottle lasts for ages. Also smells of citrus without the overpowering chemical odour.

MR Min.

Otherwise, prevention is better than cure - insulation tape base layer and the gay ahgus sticker on top is the easiest to remove.

Why go trough all the trouble of cleaning rubbing and chemicals, if you can stick insulation tape on the bar and stick the Argus sticker on it.

Just peel off the insulation tape afterwards :whistling:

Kom nou mense, dit kan mos nie so moeilik wees nie?

Tjop, as hy dit gedoen het sou hy mos nie hier gevra het nie?

Anyway, stickers are for funriders :rolleyes:

Tjop, as hy dit gedoen het sou hy mos nie hier gevra het nie?

Anyway, stickers are for funriders :rolleyes:

Well...it was actually my sub 3h splits :clap:

Kleen Green works well too!!! Peel the majority of the sticker off, use a cloth wet with Kleen Green and and wipe the remaining sticky area.... Works well... :thumbup:

Well...it was actually my sub 3h splits :clap:

:lol: and then you are a Bicycle subscriber also ... next time read the rider tips section, removing stickers has been printed there 6932 times!

Other favourites include

Put a sock over you tube before putting it in your tubby bag (9634 times)

Cut an old road tube and fit over your CO2 canisters (1768 times)

Wear a helmet (278934 times)