What is the meanest Hill you train on?

racman

I live in Krugersdorp... need I say more. Hillsnacks, Krugersdorp hill combination...kills anybody , Sterkfontein from Greensleaves. Went training during lunch time in the South... AHHHH Swartgoud, then I went into the Townhouse area(Winchester Hills)... short but flippen steep... oh, and that Suikerbosrand things... also a bit of  a problem.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see, slight difference in interpretation here.

Basically, I call everything from the robot at Hendrik Potgieter right up to the Randforntein road Krugersdorp Hill, it just has 3 steps and time available dictates how far I go up... The first section is around 2.5km, then a kay roughly of downhill, then the 2.1km section up to Key West, then a downhill, then the last sharp section up to Randfontien road..

Didn;t realise there were names for the different bits. Still a good training ground though, whatever it's called! Smile 

ok. This must be one off the meanest hill's. Boesmans Pass, God Help Me Pass, etc in Lesotho. Will be doing some training in that world next months or so. There is a certain group riders that always go train there once each 2nd month or so, but that is dam crazy

The guys who mentioned Linksfield... is it this one?

Go up Linkfield ridge - past the school (King David IIRC?) through the boom  and up all the switchbacks to the top with a view. It's a mean climb but only about 1 - 1.5kms.

Oh I see' date=' slight difference in interpretation here.

Basically, I call everything from the robot at Hendrik Potgieter right up to the Randforntein road Krugersdorp Hill, it just has 3 steps and time available dictates how far I go up... The first section is around 2.5km, then a kay roughly of downhill, then the 2.1km section up to Key West, then a downhill, then the last sharp section up to Randfontien road.

Didn;t realise there were names for the different bits. Still a good training ground though, whatever it's called! Smile 

[/quote']

oh, another way... turn left and take Robert Broom to the Game reserve. Dead not as steep, as its bits, but looonggg!

Oh I see' date=' slight difference in interpretation here.

Basically, I call everything from the robot at Hendrik Potgieter right up to the Randforntein road Krugersdorp Hill, it just has 3 steps and time available dictates how far I go up... The first section is around 2.5km, then a kay roughly of downhill, then the 2.1km section up to Key West, then a downhill, then the last sharp section up to Randfontien road.

[/quote']

oh, another way... turn left and take Robert Broom to the Game reserve. Dead not as steep, as its bits, but looonggg!

I like the Sterkfontein road from where N14 meets Sterkfontein road up past Westkoppies.

Am out that way tomorrow morning actually Cervelo, will see if I can convince my buddy to divert..... he's a creature of habit!

thanks for the suggestion though Smile

The guys who mentioned Linksfield... is it this one?

Go up Linkfield ridge - past the school (King David IIRC?) through the boom  and up all the switchbacks to the top with a view. It's a mean climb but only about 1 - 1.5kms.

Hey slick, brings back memories of my days in Edenvale. Used to cycle that section regularly.Thumbs%20Up

We have a "hill" here in Taiwan. starts at 300m above sealevel and goes to 3400m above in 55km. Called HuhuanShan. Who is coming????

You can stay with us when you come and train over here!!

We have a "hill" here in Taiwan. starts at 300m above sealevel and goes to 3400m above in 55km. Called HuhuanShan. Who is coming????

I must be quite mad but that actually sounds like fun! Wacko

20071123_092842_21_constantiabe.jpg

You go from pretty much sea level all the way up to that tower on the top its like a 1km ascent in in 10.5km! It gets very steep! only problem is you cant do it on your road bike!

Hey Attie, where is that "hill"? I often go to Taiwan, but never take my bike!Ouch  I normally go to Taichung and Tainan.

MRmed,

Great!! I live in Taichung. Give me a call when you're here. When are you coming again? The little hill starts in Tainan, near Sun Moon Lake. If you go over the mountain you go to Hualien and Ilan on the eastern side of the island. Give me a call when you coming !!