• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

post-12015-0-60778300-1397120955_thumb.jpg

that is on a bucket list, in a bucket list, on a list somewhere. One of things one wants to do, but knows one will never get round to doing them.

OH PUH-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Unplugged put him on the map"?!?! What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe for you Jason Donovan and Boys to Men fans.

Nirvana were put on the "map" with Nevermind.

End of story.

Unplugged was done for the same reason that Metallica did the Black album - so that bubblegum pop listening geeks that love Stock Aitken and Waterman shite would buy their albums and make them some money!!!

Unplugged put the on the map!!!

What a joke.

:thumbdown: :cursing: :thumbdown: :cursing: :thumbdown: :cursing: :thumbdown: :cursing:

Having difficulty reading i see. Read this slowly, try to suck up as much words as you can. I'm more than willing to translate this to any language to help you understand. please read the highlighted areas atleas 3 time before giving me that "Unplugged put him on the map"?!?! What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bullsht.

Bleach as a first was released and didnt hit any fancies and then again got re-released by a new publisher to sell over a mil copies so you could call it a bust. Nevermind is by far the best album as it sold nearly 30 mil albums, almost 20x more than bleach. but then again, everybody loves lithium and in bloom. It sold better than Micheal back in the day. Shorty followed by "Curt and Courtney". Anywoooos, Nirvana will be added to the Hall of Fame somewhere this year...from incesticide things went rough and got rougher. Got a 2 day suspension from school for selling my incesticide shirt to one of the kids. the back read "fudge pacing crack smoking satan worshiping mthrfckr. " The good old days. For the mainstreamers bleach is best i guess....

Admin replaced mthrfckr with <oops> lmfao

Unplugged sold over 8400000 albums, went 9x platinum.

Nevermind is by far the best album as it sold nearly 30 mil albums, almost 20x more than bleach.

Nevermind is by far the best album as it sold nearly 30 mil albums, almost 20x more than bleach.

i think it comes down to how you measure the success of an album.

in my case, and I think FrancoisC would agree, the success of the Nirvana albums is not based purely on the amount of albums sold but on personal preference too, i.e. i like the "rough" sound of bleach more than unplugged.

i think it comes down to how you measure the success of an album.

in my case, and I think FrancoisC would agree, the success of the Nirvana albums is not based purely on the amount of albums sold but on personal preference too, i.e. i like the "rough" sound of bleach more than unplugged.

Everyone knows "Come As You Are" Asked the same tards who did "Scentless Apprentice" and 9 out of 10 will hit a blank.

What FrancisC misunderstood is that its my fav of all albums. In that time period it had meaning in my life. In 1995 it was the last album me and my dad listened to just before my parents died in the house fire. I got home from school and there was nothing left.

Im more of a Kill'em all and justice for all Fan.

Edited by TheNewGuy

Guy guy guys...

Please!

Everyone knows that Dave Grohl was the best thing to come from Nirvana :ph34r: :lol:

*flamesuit on*

http://i39.tinypic.com/3130ht4.jpg

Ok, but seriously, not that I have anything against Nirvana, but would they really have the same record sales figures had Kurt not offed himself?

I feel that Grohl and his many associated acts have been able to keep producing good music for two decades after Kurts death, without the reliance on postumous fame.

I'm not sure if Foo Fighter album sales have matched Nirvana's (I doubt it), but I personally think as far as rockstars go, the man has seriously accomplished a lot!

EDIT: If in doubt, watch 'Sound City' and you will realize what a legend the guy is.

Edited by patches

Guy guy guys...

Please!

Everyone knows that Dave Grohl was the best thing to come from Nirvana :ph34r: :lol:

*flamesuit on*

Ok, but seriously, not that I have anything against Nirvana, but would they really have the same record sales figures had Kurt not offed himself?

I feel that Grohl and his many associated acts have been able to keep producing good music for two decades after Kurts death, without the reliance on postumous fame.

I'm not sure if Foo Fighter album sales have matched Nirvana's (I doubt it), but I personally think as far as rockstars go, the man has seriously accomplished a lot!

EDIT: If in doubt, watch 'Sound City' and you will realize what a legend the guy is.

Based on that pic the flame suite might save you from a bad burn, but sitting on a plastic chair you are going to fall on your ass when the heat comes and the chair melts.....

ah this could explain mrs froomes bad mood the other day :whistling:

Seems to have calmed now the Twitterstorm

Nevermind put them on the map..Just like Ten put Pearl Jam on the map and the song "Underneath the bridge" put RHCP on the map...

Deciding which is the best album is personal taste and memories... Even if you only found out about the earlier albums once they were famous....

Guy guy guys...

Please!

*flamesuit on*

funny how 20 years on with those of us who were around and listening to Nirvana back in the day now well into the 40's still get so heated and passionate when discussing them....did we ever grow up?

I agree Patches- I seriously doubt Nirvana would have been able to carry on putting out the quality material we got from them.

Dave Grohl is the real deal though- pure talent Drums Guitar Singer- and an awesome presence. Not many out there to rival him.

That'd be a good poll- who'd rival Dave Grohl for awesomeness??

It'll need to be two polls- alive / kicking up daisies...

Freddie Mercury

The Boss

what about the neverending Pearl Jam vs Nirvana debate ...that used to get very heated. I wonder if Curt would have aged in as dignified manner as Eddie has. Thing is that PJ shunned the media after Curt went and capped himself and in a way it allowed them to evolve into what they are today ...maybe they don't have hits like they used to but every album they release is a gem and they are a top notch live act that should be on every music lovers bucket list. As for Nirvana both Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic are accomplished musicians but who knows what would have happened to Nirvana if Curt had not died. Word is that he was going to get out of music altogether except then his dear wife decided to kil him... thats one of the myriad theories out there and there are a few..... makes for interesting reading though

I agree Patches- I seriously doubt Nirvana would have been able to carry on putting out the quality material we got from them.

Dave Grohl is the real deal though- pure talent Drums Guitar Singer- and an awesome presence. Not many out there to rival him.

That'd be a good poll- who'd rival Dave Grohl for awesomeness??

It'll need to be two polls- alive / kicking up daisies...

Freddie Mercury

The Boss

Eddie Vedder is god.