I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

@ Anybody: Not ever having been in that situation before (thankfully!) is there a logical reason that the guy didn't drive away from the elephant? Other that the fact that he may have been looking at something else (although I find it hard to imagine that he wouldn't have seen a huge frikkin elephant approaching his car...)

It was an awesome viewing moment.

So, why drive away...

That Noddy car looks tiny, eh?

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

the engine might have been switched off smile.png Would have seen fun and games if the lions joined the party where everyone is standing around.

Note to self: Car idling at ALL times, windows closed, aircon on, car in gear and foot on clutch.... Here kitty kitty!

So, why drive away...

Not sure I would be brave enough to drive that size car through there having seen that!

Tribute to HubSA forum member, LeTurbo:

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/classic.jpg

I am sure he doesnt have enough space and would need to give a few away

So, why drive away...

we have been in a situation where we came down from a long winding hill in hluhluwe Game reserve only to come face to face with a bull elephant. He started flapping and approaching us very fast. I had to do some serious reversing all the way back up the hill.....Needless to say I will never turn my vehicle off when there is wildlife around

we have been in a situation where we came down from a long winding hill in hluhluwe Game reserve only to come face to face with a bull elephant. He started flapping and approaching us very fast. I had to do some serious reversing all the way back up the hill.....Needless to say I will never turn my vehicle off when there is wildlife around

I've had a very similar experiance, scary stuff.

We were in KNP last month and were tormented by a group of 4 young bulls. They were there on both sides of us and every time we tried to drive through, they would amble back into the road.

Bottom line was that we were held up by these guys for 45 mins. not pleasant, I had the missus and two small kids in the car and kids were terrified. Having them behind and in front meant we were sitting ducks. They did a bit of ear flapping and dished out a bit of the beady eye, but I have no doubt that either one of them could have done the same to our car (we were in a Fortuner but felt very small up close).

Hate to think what these guys were feeling.

Came out of a thicket into the path of an angry cow during Mashatu. Seriously frightening on a bicycle!

Ford - when you really need to haul ass smile.png

Dude ... you need an 18wheeler truck with a fitted crane to get those on board!