I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Time and again the passion for understanding has led to the illusion that man is able to comprehend the objective world rationally by pure thought without any empirical foundations—in short, by metaphysics.

—Albert Einstein

By becoming attached to names and forms, not realizing that they have no more basis than the activities of the mind itself, error arises and the way to emancipation is blocked.

—Buddha

The external world of physics has thus become a world of shadows. In removing our illusions we have removed the substance, for indeed we have seen that substance is one of the greatest of our illusions.

—Sir Arthur Eddington

Although not really existing, things still appear. From their own side, however, (such things) are void by nature. These void appearances to not actually exist . . . They have no foundation, no support, no beginning, middle, or end.

—Longchenpa

The atoms or the elementary particles . . . form a world of potentialities rather than one of things or facts.

—Werner Heisenberg

In Buddhist Emptiness there is no time, no space, no becoming, no thing-ness; it is what makes all things possible; it is a zero full of infinite possibilities, it is a void of inexhaustible contents.

—D. T. Suzuki

According to general relativity, the concept of space detached from any physical content does not exist.

—Albert Einstein

If there is only empty space, with no suns or planets in it, then space loses its substantiality.

—Buddha

Truth is what stands the test of experience.

—Albert Einstein

The real meaning of the Dharma . . . must be directly experienced.

—Siddha Nagarjuna ▼

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Numbers 23:22

God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of a unicorn.

And the Lord said unto John; "Come forth and receive eternal life!".

But John came fifth and won a toaster

Why Mr Tim, its a open thread.

Sir, if you want to post here, PLEASE make sure your spelling is correct.. It is AN open forum

"And God came down and he said unto fastbike: 'STFU, fastbike' and Lo, fastbike did at last STFU, and God saw this, and it was good."

From: Half Man Half Biscuit: Footprints - lyrics http://www.chrisrand.com/hmhb/this-leaden-pall-1993/footprints/#ixzz1SRWXsLMd

Footprints

Ethereal requiem mausoleum …Bert Royal

Harlequin tourniquet matricide …Adge Cutler

Earlier shepherds came and talked about …The Shend

Concubine mortuary Daktari wallpaper

One night, a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonged to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand, and he noticed that many times along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life. This really bothered him, and he questioned the Lord about it: “Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. Yet I have noticed during the most troublesome times of my life, there’s only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me.”

The Lord replied: “My precious precious child, I love you, and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, that must have been when I was appearing on…

Junior Kickstart…

Junior Kickstart…”

The teenager awoke at mid day. He walked into the back garden. Everything was peaceful except for the complaining note of the woodcrest dying in the leafy thickness. He walked up to the patio chair where his father sat.

“Father?”

“Yes son?”

“I want to borrow your golf clubs.”

Killer wedding rings Mhahaha!!

At least you know that your wife is giving you gears ;)

And the Lord said unto John; "Come forth and receive eternal life!".

But John came fifth and won a toaster

That is the funniest hing I've ever heard. Thanks a ton.

TW, I did not know you partake in a bit of mx. There is no need for that man to harden the **** up... He will give chuck a run for his money.

TW, I did not know you partake in a bit of mx. There is no need for that man to harden the **** up... He will give chuck a run for his money.

No w3ays, dude. I crash hard enough on my bicycle. I'd kill myself on an MX rig!

Now you have yourselves an awesome little weekend fellas :thumbup: :thumbup:

post-4100-0-82124200-1310746878.jpg

Dangle, for lovers of the fuller figure, this came close to popping the cork.

I thank you. :clap: