• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

Amy Friend makes tiny holes in found photographs and captures the effect of light passing through, infusing the vintage scenes with a sense of magicĀ post-47764-0-69040900-1408376857_thumb.png

Guest notmyname

I never grow tired of watching this wave...

Ā 

Ā 

These dudes a cooked! Thanks for posting that TW.

Edited by small fry

the oke that gets to the top of the pole wins what he finds there

Ā 

See the world

Travel, son

Ā 

Where is that? What a custom or tradition?

Philippines? Hmmm.

Too true to be good. At least they can poke at themselves as well (for those who know the actors)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rId6PKlDXeU

Ā 

Yeah, they might not be the most musical geniuses on the planet and the drumming is nothing short of extraordinary for a primary school band, but damn they can write songs.

This particular track is brilliant and extremely well written.

Ā 

That's the thing with music, they find a genre that nobody ever really listens to, make it a bit more "popular" and suddenly the whole world are buying albums written by a bunch of bluegrass hippies.

Ā 

This is one of my favourite bluegrass bands and again, nothing exceptional in terms of instrumental works, but take a woman like Alison Krauss, where her voice is an instrument in it own right, and write a good song with a deep lyric, and one has some musical genius.

Mumford and Sons are pretty brilliant IMHO

Ā 

Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Ā 

Further on that, music keeps changing, some for better and some for worse.

I find it more and more difficult to find good music nowadays.

I enjoy the indie stuff, one finds music there with some real meaning.

Mumford could almost fall in to that indie bracket, but they want to make money and will write songs to launch albums for a wide variety of listeners.

Ā 

I am a huge fan of songwriters who don't give a hoot about the money machine.

Gone are the days when we had the brilliance of Jethro Tull with the crazy timing signatures that Ian Anderson puts together.

Ā 

The brilliance of Page and Plant .

Iron Butterfly who wrote a "rock symphony"

Focus who put themselves out there with brilliant musicians and off the wall music

Let me not even begin with Pink Floyd and the brilliance of all 4 of the original members, gone are those days to be honest.

Ā 

We have a glimmer of hope in Jack White however, but he is not really interested in a band cosisting of a score of members.

Ā 

But that spoof or rather both videos had me thinking of this guy, I love his music dearly and whatever he writes, just happens to hit deep in to my soul.

Ā 

Ā 

Then this guy, as raw and unassuming as Justin Vernon, and his music hits home.

Ā