• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

how much faster did we get with bigger wheels and longer shocks?

I went out the other day on my old faithful 26er GT HT. Now I must say its still kitted out pretty well with full XT and a super light set of ROLF prima ralos wheels on. I went to huddle where I have ridden a few times om my 29er HT and not only did strava say the 29er was faster but so did my body. The bumpy stuff is just so hard on the small wheels. The tight twisty stuff was fun but funny enough I wasn't quicker(very similar tyres so grip was comparable but obviously 29er has a slightly bigger foot print). My Dad has an anthem 650b and he cant stay with me on my 29er, on my 26er he was quicker than me.

(It is Friday after all  :ph34r: )

I went out the other day on my old faithful 26er GT HT. Now I must say its still kitted out pretty well with full XT and a super light set of ROLF prima ralos wheels on. I went to huddle where I have ridden a few times om my 29er HT and not only did strava say the 29er was faster but so did my body. The bumpy stuff is just so hard on the small wheels. The tight twisty stuff was fun but funny enough I wasn't quicker(very similar tyres so grip was comparable but obviously 29er has a slightly bigger foot print). My Dad has an anthem 650b and he cant stay with me on my 29er, on my 26er he was quicker than me.

(It is Friday after all  :ph34r: )

So if I upgrade to a 29ner I should be OK then? Faster I mean

Does Strava and longer shocks become compulsory than too? :blush:

So if I upgrade to a 29ner I should be OK then? Faster I mean

Does Strava and longer shocks become compulsory than too? :blush:

"longer shocks" - no but longer socks and gravel roads are compulsory

he didn't call it a joke, he said it is made up. I assume he put [religious joke] in brackets as a warning to the sensitive ones.

assumption correct.

Will refrain from mentioning anyone's religion* in future (even if it's actually not against hub rules and guidelines - go click down at the bottom and read clause 2).

*I will have to make an exemption for the recently launched "Our lady of perpetual exemption" those hacks are fair game!

Mark sounds like a fun guy.

he exists too! - http://rylysservicecenter.com/

Mark Eshbach has been providing top-notch automotive service to the Kutztown region for many years. Cars, trucks, minivans, domestic or imports, Mark and Ryly can take care of all your vehicles maintenance and auto repairs.

Ryly's is a PA certified state inspection station. If your car is up for inspection this month, and you don't want to be "taken to the bank" for repairs, give Mark a call and set up and appointment today.