• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

i just looked that up ... no that's just wrong.... so wrong.

I demand they change it.

So, an aurora of polar bears, an ostentation of peacocks, an embarrassment of pandas walk into a bar...

(Was the scientist who first studied pandas just really disappointed in them?)

So, an aurora of polar bears, an ostentation of peacocks, an embarrassment of pandas walk into a bar...

And the panda falls over :)

To be fair they are cute and clumsy.

Some collective nouns just paint such a cool picture.. A parliament of owls, a crash of rhinos , a murder of crows (very Poe) - but an embarrassment, that's #bearshaming surely :)

And the panda falls over :)

To be fair they are cute and clumsy.

Some collective nouns just paint such a cool picture.. A parliament of owls, a crash of rhinos , a murder of crows (very Poe) - but an embarrassment, that's #bearshaming surely :)

A wobble of cyclists or bicycles.

Uni, the way to look at it is this...it could be linked to the idiom: embarrassment of riches...except with pandas, there's so such thing as too much of a good thing...  :thumbup:

Edited by Tumbleweed

A wobble of cyclists or bicycles.

Uni, the way to look at it is this...it could be linked to the idiom: embarrassment of riches...except with pandas, there's so such thing as too much of a good thing...  :thumbup:

A wobble of cyclist - bwahaaa that's me to a tee.

Why's riches embarrassing?

An embarrassment of repeated OTBs ..

Alright kids. This is how we do it.

"Uncle Dipslick has an embarrassment of DNFs"

Hahaha!An embarrassment of riches is not so much the collective noun, but rather just a saying meaning sorta like being spoiled for choice, as in the distress it must cause the moneyed man choosing which Lamborghini to drive that day...

Edited by Tumbleweed

I particularly like the following (regional) collective noun, describes it so brilliantly:

A shite of politicians  

CET-W-LWEAAcVYG.jpg

Politicians have some harsh - okay, not really, considering... - collective nouns already! But that is apt!

Hahaha! An embarrassment of riches is not so much the collective noun, but rather just a saying meaning sorta like being spoiled for choice, as in the distress it must cause the moneyed man choosing which Lamborghini to drive that day...

ahhh, oh to have that problem. much like those here that suffer from N+1 and can't decide which bike to ride right  :whistling:  *runs*