I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

I just cannot get my head around this frame concept? How strong could it be, surely only for roadbike purposes?

super strong actually

remember that in some of the Asian countries they have multiple stories of scaffolding made from bamboo.

89e63a4e9640e99fbdf921b1fdebf845.jpg

http://sthelensplant.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/bamboo-scaffolding1.png

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cannot get my head around this frame concept? How strong could it be, surely only for roadbike purposes?

The one I'm getting is a Zambike - made in Zambia. According to them "Strength to weight ratio for bamboo is stronger than any alloy".

They make road & mtb.

post-57300-0-28916800-1523950266_thumb.jpg

post-57300-0-02023300-1523950276_thumb.jpg

Despite its lowly reputation, bamboo may be the strongest stuff on the planet. It has greater tensile strength (or resistance to being pulled apart) than steel, and it withstands compression better than concrete

Despite its lowly reputation, bamboo may be the strongest stuff on the planet. It has greater tensile strength (or resistance to being pulled apart) than steel, and it withstands compression better than concrete

You mean "by weight " surely?

And although we're becoming desensitized to the term "sustainable" through overuse (isn't that ironic?), bamboo is incredibly sustainable and Eco-friendly. It grows fast, and it returns to the earth when you're done with it.

Edited by Lotus

And although we're becoming desensitized to the term "sustainable" through overuse (isn't that ironic?), bamboo is incredibly sustainable and Eco-friendly. It grows fast, and it returns to the earth when you're done with it.

as in when you buy a plot of land ?