Heres a question for you technical gurus..........

widget

.............my LOOK cleats were very worn out so, as I work on sat I asked my wife to pop into the local shop and pick me up a new pair, which she did, but they look (scuse the pun) differant and the pack says LOOK KEOS.

My wife says she walked in and asked for LOOK cleats and thats what they gave her, they didnt ask what type of LOOK pedals I have, if they are not all compatible.

So my question is, do I have to schlep back through traffic today and swop these cleats or are all LOOK cleats compatible, if not that salesman is gonna get an earfull.Big%20smile 
widget2007-11-19 05:11:17

I think you get 2 types of look cleats. The newer Keos which you got and the older type for the 296 elites or similar which you probably need smiley20.gif

So If they dont fit you gota go back and get he right ones!

I havent taken them out of the packet yet so dont know if they fit or not, but they just look a bit smaller and thicker - hense my quesie, but I am afraid I fear the worst, as you say, I dont think they gonna fit.

If you don't have the Look Keo pedals don't even bother opening the packet and get ready for a nice drive widget.  The older Look cleats and the new Keos are not interchangable.

Old style Look cleats wont work with Keo pedals. The cleat height of Keos is slightly less, meaning they wont engage. a friend tried - it doen'nt work. 

If you use Keo cleats with older Look pedals, they may/may not engage, depending on the thickness of the clamping lip on the pedal. It was not designed to work, but perhaps you are lucky.

I would recommend to rather get them exchanged.  

well ask willehond, we also find out on sat morning that the 2 sets aren't compatible, hence the new pedals on my bike this morning!!!!!

Thanks fellas,I feared as much, which means I will have to make a needless trip to change them - typical bicycle shop attitude, just sell it now, get the bucks and hope theres no comeback, probably didnt have the older model in stock so just got rid of these.

To irritate myself further, I am gonna skip my 4pm cup of coffee, which will definately put me in a bad mood Wink  and then drop in after work at 5 pm and see what gives - that salesman is gonna hear it from me in my caffiene deprived state.Big%20smile

widget2007-11-19 06:42:32

enjoy the trip in traffic, followed by the salesman's disinterested stare followed by a comment like "but she never asked what cleat type" or "what kind of a man sends his wife out to do his bicycle shopping?"

enjoy the trip in traffic' date=' followed by the salesman's disinterested stare followed by a comment like "but she never asked what cleat type" or "what kind of a man sends his wife out to do his bicycle shopping?"[/quote']

Big%20smile - Mmmmm, yeah I know, pity I didnt go in friday, cos then I was REALLY in  a foul mood!Big%20smile

take the cleats back and use the credit to buy a set of KEO pedalls.they are really more comfortable on my feet than the old ones.

Couple of things having just bought a new pair of Specialized carbon shoes.

Bought new Look cleats but got the black ones.Always had red before.

1.Aha!no float.I dont know if this is a good or bad thing.Every time I look back at the traffic I uncleat my right foot.

2.No matter how far over I push the cleat my left foot juuuust touches the crank.Going to wear through.

Sorrie for the hijack but related

Help!

.............my LOOK cleats were very worn out so' date=' as I work on sat I asked my wife to pop into the local shop and pick me up a new pair, which she did, but they look (scuse the pun) differant and the pack says LOOK KEOS.

My wife says she walked in and asked for LOOK cleats and thats what they gave her, they didnt ask what type of LOOK pedals I have, if they are not all compatible.

So my question is, do I have to schlep back through traffic today and swop these cleats or are all LOOK cleats compatible, if not that salesman is gonna get an earfull.Big%20smile 
[/quote']

Hi Widget. I just want to confirm what everyone so far said....LOOK Keo cleats are not compatible with the old Delta system. The new Keo pedal range....which replaced the old Delta type pedals are by far superior to the old system. The new cleat has got a lower stack height....which means your foot is closer to the pedal....and have a larger surface in contact with the pedal. I would recommend to invest in a new pair of Keo pedals!! You won't regret it!