Cycle"sure"- nothing sure about them!!

bluco

I would just like to put a general warning out there to all hubbers who think their bikes are safe because they loyally pay their insurance premiums to CYCLE SURE every month!!

Here is my story:

Last april around the easter weekend we were victims of a house robbery, where the intruders hopped our electric fence, entered our garage, and stole my R70 000 bicycle along with a couple of other things. I was not too worried about it, as I knew I had it covered with cycle sure (underwritten by zurich) and placed my claim.

The assessor came out, and had a general look around the property in a very inefficient and unprofessional manner, and left implying that all would be fine, and that I would be reimbursed for my loss and left. Little did I know that she would report back to cycle sure rejecting my claim.

I have spent the last year in an ongoing pursuit with zurich to reconsider the grounds for dismissal with absolutely NO joy.

So my warning is... Cycle sure will find any reason not to accept your claim, and according to them forcible entry literally means that there needs to be a hole in your front door, and the fact that intruders can jump over electric and palisade fencing and have access to your property is by no means enough "FORCE" for them.

The definition of forcible entry: The taking of or entry onto property using unlawful or illegal force, or any entry done without consent of occupier or owner.

(http://law.yourdictionary.com/forcible-entry-abbv)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My previous insurance was the same, the bicycle must be in a locked garage or locked to an immovable object.

My bike sleeps in my lounge :thumbup:

Try OUtsurance next time - assessed my claim and settled within two days :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Outsurance all the way , agree Cyclesure suck, left them years ago.

All insurance companies are the same. visit Ombudsman then your lawyer - dont delay.

Doesnt Outsurance give you a Cyclelab voucher as payment?

Or do they pay out real cash?

Doesnt Outsurance give you a Cyclelab voucher as payment?

Or do they pay out real cash?

I'm with outsurance and had a claim about 1 month after signing with them. The Lab quoted R5000 for the repair. When I told the claims agent that 5k was way too steep and I could get it done for half that, all they required was 2 quotes backing up my statement, then they paid me the cash.

So yeah, they do give real cash... well for replacement parts at least. Dunno about an entire bike?!

I've had to claim with Cyclesure a while ago.

They've handled my claim very efficiently.

I am very happy with them.

A friend had to claim for damaged wheels - again very good service.

:thumbup:

Put in a claim at Outsurance when my bikes seat tube cracked (roadbike). Thought they will just replace the frame, but they paid out my full insured value after my LBS did a evaluation. Money was in my account within three days.

Bluco,

That is tough going, man.

All the best with a good and fair resolution.

I have insured with CycleSure and after they switched to Hollard and the new policy was given to me... I thought to myself what am I actually paying for here.

They literally need to steel your bike by cutting it loose from an extra reinforced chain, cemente d to a tripple reinforced concrete pole, locked behind a biometric security system, patrolled by three guard dogs and a patrol tower with a station .50 cal browning machine gun with 360 degrees of lighting, before they consider paying out.

Thumbs Up to Outsurance , I have had two claims without any hassles. I also received a cash payout

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: