Setting Pre-Ride rules....Wednesday Night rides Tygerberg.

Lounge Lizard

Yeah? I wonder too....

About the thread - dudes, please keep it safe and leave machismo at home. Safety First!

i why why wonder, my little runaway ..... my run run run runaway .... :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i why why wonder, my little runaway ..... my run run run runaway .... :)

Rather very poetic this morning, man?!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hmmm... you guys must simply go ride in Majik forest. No traffic lights there! Amazing how much different the singetrack feels when you're pinning it in the dark!

The bottom line is that some cyclists are retards! I agree with you 100%, when a robot is red you stop. If you on a bicycle you 150% stop because a car will win every time.

Take it up with the shop.

Edited by Zula

we al make mistakes in life, you made one to...to ride with this group for that long :-)

Just dont ride with them, leave them, let them become the next condolences topic on the Hub.

we all make mistakes in life

You just keep making them! Condolences for supporting that team!

@tankman... the trophy cabinet is so full of S14 trophys , we ordered a new one, and its not back from the manufacturers. :D

So, we will start filling it up once we get more space available?

How many do your team have at this stage?

I did a solo ride on Wednesday night and nearly took out a roadie at the entrance to D'urbanvale. Was 99.9% my fault, I apologised, but Mr Roadie was (rightly) very cheesed off and muttered something about "If it isn't the cars, it's the mountain bikes."

Was a great night to cycle, though.

Popey, gaan jy weer vir ons 'n Dinsdag of Donderdag aand rit probeer aan die gang kry?

nee wat, mtb'ers is moffies, hulle wil op hulle gatte sit en 7de laan kyk daai tyd van die aand.

Try jy, ek sal kom ry. Ek wil my ligte uit toets. Ek ry deesdae ook in stad toe, so , ek kom party aande eers 19h00 by die huis, maar ek kan my reelings ook verander om aan te pas

sorry dat ek afrikaans skryf, ... dit hou die pommy spell checkers van my rug af.

hoekom kom join julle twee pansies ons nie in stellenbosch vir n night ride nie, donderdag 18:30 by Engen?

ons sal niks se oor jou span nie popeye!

I guess now we all know which wed night ride it was...... very bad for shop's rep. :thumbdown:

Sirk, I wouldnt say that, CWC does major effort providing backup support and trying to assure the riders saftey during these rides.

There are however a couple of problems with these night rides.

As mentioned there are bunch of pricks that think this qualifies as a race and a d1ck measuring contest. Even in the slower group instead of keeping a steady pace thats tough enough to get you fit but slow enough so everyone can complete, there are a couple of idiots that think its fun to push the slower group till they crack and fall out of the ride, never to return again.

As for not following the rules of the road I dont dispute that but I havent seen that myself, the rides i have joined everyone was law obiding.

That said, I do beleive the bunch of riders that are just just **** enough to not join with the fast group, but are fitter than most of the people in the slow group and end up pushing the slower riders into a state of despair should either be forced to go with the fast group so they can have their asses handed to them, or should f@#$ off out of the rides completly if they cannot dictate a manageable speed for up and comming riders.

Edited by covie

well said - many riders don't realise that to ride faster/get fitter there are times when you need to ride slow.

the idiots that want to sprint and go "mal" must do this in their own balls to the wall training sessions.

I was riding on Wednesday evening - near the front most of the way... there seems to be a different vibe when the okes from Diakin / CT Market / Aurecon join the ride. It's like they want to show off and show everyone how strong they are... the robots that you think we went throught that were red - were actually amber, so obviously if you were at the back it would be red when you get there. We did wait for the guys caught by the red robots, pace did pick up a bit on Wellington road, and was quite hard on the gravel sections - but we regrouped at the end of those sections...

But I fully agree, there needs to be a designated "lead" rider who has authority to tell the guys to slow down, ride single file, and even stop and wait if needs be - things are a bit disorganised at times thou - but it is getting a bit better...

Personally I think there should still be two groups - a social group, and a racing (or call it what you want, hard, fast, or whatever group). But on nights when we are one group - we keep it a "social" pace... just my 2c

nee wat, mtb'ers is moffies, hulle wil op hulle gatte sit en 7de laan kyk daai tyd van die aand.

Try jy, ek sal kom ry. Ek wil my ligte uit toets. Ek ry deesdae ook in stad toe, so , ek kom party aande eers 19h00 by die huis, maar ek kan my reelings ook verander om aan te pas

sorry dat ek afrikaans skryf, ... dit hou die pommy spell checkers van my rug af.

Ek wil ook my nuwe ligte uitprobeer. Hoekom ry ek en jy dan nie volgende Dinsdagaand nie?

Tankman, vir wat is ek nou 'n pansy? Jammer, om Stellies toe te ry vir 'n nightride is nie moontlik vir my nie. Vir 'n rit deur die dag is 'n ander storie.