What to have for breakfast on race day??

Johnstoneighty6

I think i have convinced myself for a kiepie and pap tomorrow

Had a good exp when I went into Wimpy at ORT recently for the first time in yonks and saw chicken and pap with peri peri sauce.

Not bad actually

Sounds flippen fantastic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having 2 x 750 ml LION's right now for my early morning ride tomorrow morning.

A mate of mine used to drink Lion when we were at varsity in the 90s, his reasons were;

1 they were always cold

2 nobody ever stole your beer or had a sip

3 he liked the confused look on the barman’s face when he ordered it

4 if it was a bar lady she had to bend down way low to get the lion out of the bottom back of the fridge with obvious benefits

I am sure there were a few more but I can’t remember them

A mate of mine used to drink Lion when we were at varsity in the 90s, his reasons were;

1 they were always cold

4 if it was a bar lady she had to bend down way low to get the lion out of the bottom back of the fridge with obvious benefits

5. Nobody ever picked a fight with him because they KNEW he would break the Lion over their heads and stick the teeth into their stomachs.

Edited by DJR

1 they were always cold

6  Only R10,99   for a quart   :w00t:

A lekker beer ???? before the ride and depending on distance but another about at 45km and 1 more 5km from the end for that last sprint ???? have done this test at Bloemendal, do first lap no beer then 1 beer per lap. You will be amazed at how your times improve but best you know your limits. I am good for 6 laps after that I start taking chances ????????

Race day brekkie - depends on distance.

Local flat races I usually stick to 1 cuppa java and between 150-200g pasta with some flavour, followed by a Fastbar just before we start. The best, and maybe time consuming method IMHO is to calculate equate your race day BURN RATE to your pre-race calorie CONSUMPTION. On a hard-ish ride I know I burn 500kcal/hour, in a race 600kcal/hour. 947 is a sub-3 race, so I know I need to get in 1800kcal. Sound pretty woes, but if you don't do it you're going to bonk somewhere. 

I also drink a glass of water with some Rehidrat. 

Every person is different, with a different metabolism, so constant tweaking is a must. 

2 entjies en 'n koppie koffie

Ek word wakker in die oggend langs 'n Guiloises-blonde

My eerste koppie koffie is moer ongesond

Sewe lepels suiker vir my klem-in-die-kaak,

'n lyn cocaine en Benilin na smaak

Suip

Saag

Wheelie

I have a tried and tested formula for pre-race preparation.

1. Stay up too late the night before fiddling with my bike, time mostly spent wiping things down, checking bolts etc.
  2. Get out of bed 13min after the optimistically-set alarm has gone off, now late already.
  3. Try to stealthily get dressed in a hurry in the proximity of my sleeping wife. Inevitably wake and annoy sleeping wife with "have you seen my chewbacca socks? I really want to wear my chewbacca socks. I was saving them and now they're not in my drawer.". 
  4. Get to the kitchen to realise I didn't prepare the muesli-fruit-swedish yoghurt-angel tear breakfast of champions I had planned to the night before as I ran out of time (see point 1.)
  5. Munch down the rock hard, ice cold remainder of the McD's cheeseburger my daughter left over. Maybe some stale chips and a two-day old leftover boerewors hastily dunked in the mayonaise jar for some moisture as a side.
  6. Eat one of the Snackers I had bought specifically for the race while loading stuff in the car.
  7. Eat a banana in the car. Also meant for the race. Now only have one feed item left for the race.
  8. Eat said remaining item in the start chute.

It's worked an absolute treat for me so far.

Edited by TyronLab

1. Stay up too late the night before fiddling with my bike, time mostly spend wiping things down, checking bolts etc.
  2. Get out of bed 13min after the optimistically-set alarm has gone off, now late already.
  3. Try to stealthily get dressed in a hurry in the proximity of my sleeping wife. Inevitably wake and annoy sleeping wife with "have you seen my chewbacca socks? I really want to wear my chewbacca socks. I was saving them and now they're not in my drawer.". 
  4. Get to the kitchen to realise I didn't prepare the muesli-fruit-swedish yoghurt-angel tear breakfast of champions I had planned to the night before as I ran out of time (see point 1.)
  5. Munch down the rock hard, ice cold remainder of the McD's cheeseburger my daughter left over. Maybe some stale chips and a two-day old leftover boerewors hastily dunked in the mayonaise jar for some moisture as a side.
  6. Eat one of the Snackers I had bought specifically for the race while loading stuff in the car.
  7. Eat a banana in the car. Also meant for the race. Now only have one feed item left for the race.

Meatloaf - You took the words right out of my mouth....

loooooooool  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Get out of my mind lol - this summed it up literally to the teeee  :lol:

1. Stay up too late the night before fiddling with my bike, time mostly spent wiping things down, checking bolts etc.