I will be loyal to my LBS after hi-jack !!! Westrand cycles !!!

Mad Dog

On the 30th of March I was bike-jacket and stabbed 7 times, ended up in ICU with a collapsed lung.

At the time I was being stabbed, I really thought this is it, I’m going to die there in the veld next to my MTB. For the first time in my life I’ve put a 100% trust in God and command my attacker to stop in the name of Jesus Christ. My God didn’t waste time!!! The attacker stopped immediately!!!

As he rode off with my pride and joy, he left me disappointed in humankind!!! I’ve always put a lot of trust in us as humans, but there, at that moment, that “demon” took it away. I was standing there in the place that was my playground for almost 10 years and thinking … “You basted you broke my trust”

Luckily, I still had my phone with me! I phoned a friend for help and for the next 4 weeks all my friend and family restored my trust in human kind.

I was telling my story to everyone; I even started too testified in churches.

I told everyone that I will get back on the bike as soon as I can afford one again (why need assurance??)

But it was Thursday the 12th of May that had me totally speechless! :huh:

A good friend picked me up to sign some last documents for my loss of income claim.

We drove past WESTRAND CYCLES (the best LBS EVER!!) I was amazed to see that Eben is still at work after 19h00!!!

Needless to say we popped in there just to say ‘Hi’.. Eben and his team is more than just the guys at the LBS, after years they have help me so many times with last minute stuff…

I walked in, to be welcomed by around 25 FRIEND and family even my wife was in the shop (I think I was shocked to see her there, just now she start looking at the prices of all my MTB gadgets) , at first my brain was slipping gears, trying to process what is going on.

Next moment EDEN pushed out this brand new Merida One-Twinty…. :wub: :drool:

For the first time I was SPEECHLESS ….. I was standing there, 10 cameras in my face and Eben forcing a Windhoed Lager into my hand. :eek:

I want to THANK ,

All my FRIENDS for making my passion a reality again!!! :clap:

Derick Edwards fom Marida :clap:

Ray Earl from Continental :clap:

EBEN, LYNN and the team at WESTRAND CYCLES, I’ll be loyal to you!! :thumbup:

More important … GOD thank YOU for all my friends, please bless them in the same way YOU are blessing me.

Alec ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, awesome story. You must be a great person to have your friends and family do something so special for you.

Awesome post and I am so glad for you and all the best for getting back on the bike - just a pity it had to happen in the 1st place :-(

Wow. That's great hey. Big UP to the guys at West Rand Cycles, sounds like you also have a great bunch of mates too.

I've recovered 110%%%, Thanks Caerus !!!

:thumbup:

Thats great to hear - Now your'e a happy Mad Dog :D How does the bike ride :unsure: