[Event] Die Burger Mountain Bike Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

I am also seeded for H i think they just randomly place people accoriding to when they entered, but there will be bottlenecks historically there always have been. Im just going to have fun on this one.

I only entered after the Knysna event...i think they also take your PPA seeding into consideration....

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool so you experienced guys are going to motivate me from the back? ;)

Actually what work best is when one goes in front and one at the back – With the one in the front I can follow his line over the ‘technical’ stuff and the one in the back just tells me “go you can do it” – see recipe for success I would say :thumbup:

:)

I'm sure if you that chick in the profile pic a lot of guys will be helping you....

I am also seeded for H i think they just randomly place people accoriding to when they entered,

I think you're right. I'm in the C group, and that can't be right either. I don't even have a 100% seeding.

Haven't done a metb race in about 9 months, and I got into B... then again this will be my 4th Burger mtb... it's gona be a little muddy :thumbup:

Cool so you experienced guys are going to motivate me from the back? ;)

Actually what work best is when one goes in front and one at the back – With the one in the front I can follow his line over the ‘technical’ stuff and the one in the back just tells me “go you can do it” – see recipe for success I would say :thumbup:

:)

To be honest last year i was amped to do a good time, got stuck waiting for the ST for 15 minutes, then stuck behind droves of riders for a while eventually just gave up and had a cool conversation in the bunch till the end. Though be careful the really good riders tend to start really strong, and the medium riders tend to try and mimic their pace, which eventually means they bonk towards the end.

My strategy this year, take the first 30km at a nice comfortable pace, and then try and nail the last 12km. That way i wont be too bothered by traffic jams, since im not rushing, and if the legs are good, and the field is spread, then i should be able to make up quite a couple of places.

But in the end im treat all these big races as one hell of a social :) Besides the mud might make a big difference, last year was dry and dusty.

My strategy this year, take the first 30km at a nice comfortable pace, and then try and nail the last 12km. That way i wont be too bothered by traffic jams, since im not rushing, and if the legs are good, and the field is spread, then i should be able to make up quite a couple of places.

dis my idee ook...im in F group..so ek gan vinnig agter raak en dan ma agter bly!laugh.gif

Got my ingredients for my AJ muti mix and going to make some tonight. If the weather is nice (not windy/raining) then I might cycle from Somerset West to Stellies and grab a bite at McCrappies. Any Somerset West hubbers keen?

I have recieved nudda no emails or sms, and i entered years ago.

You should have entered this year, not years ago. LOL

Got my ingredients for my AJ muti mix and going to make some tonight. If the weather is nice (not windy/raining) then I might cycle from Somerset West to Stellies and grab a bite at McCrappies. Any Somerset West hubbers keen?

naaaah ek sal ma lift vang! ek eet ook anycase nie crappies niebiggrin.gif

They invited me to take part 75km, but the price is too high, so I entered in 60km. I find it is quite strange that they put me in D group and I came top 50 in the last 3years at Burger MTB. How does the seeding works??? I will have to pass lots of tortosie riders... Aanyway!

Just took a drive towards lanzerac/jonkershoek area.... WET WET lots of rain.. if the Sun does not come out soon... Modder bad! :clap:

dis my idee ook...im in F group..so ek gan vinnig agter raak en dan ma agter bly!laugh.gif

I'm also in F !!!

Not idea why though, I wasn't exactly fast last year. At least though I won't be stuck behind as many people this year. Last year I was in the 4th group for the 42km and had to over take people in the beginning.

Haven't done a metb race in about 9 months, and I got into B... then again this will be my 4th Burger mtb... it's gona be a little muddy :thumbup:

Wanna swop, I got an E :blink: Surely I cant be an E seeding, hhhmmm or maybe I am??