Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Finding Nemo......

Well spotted...

I liked the burst of colour on this shot, contrasting with Dangles black and white and HDR's.

It's not exactly the composition I wanted but it was pretty colourful. reminded me of the Sony bravia ad campaign.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of Roadhouses on the forum here had me going out to Linksfield Ridge in the hope of catching some lightning, but it wasn't meant to be, yet again :thumbdown:

Had some nice milkshakes and chow at The Dollhouse :thumbup:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7067/6787929034_2e97116081_z.jpg

IMG_9990 by OddPix1, on Flickr

It definitely looks better at night. The last time I was there, the burger was really cr@p..

We had a company function at Randlords, on top of a moeg building in Jhb two weeks ago. The food was cr@p but the view made up for it. Photographers should really try and get up there...

was up there last year for the Jo'burg Fashion Week launch party. If you have Vertigo like me its not the place to be, and dont got to the urinals either, damn, nearly p'd all over myself with being so close to the edge.

nice view though.

Don't know if there is any photographic integrity to this, but it's an intersting story as to how I took it. Very basic point and shoot. No flash and couldn't have the exposure too long due to the movement, so used a candle on the table as a light source. (not cropped or anything, obviously. Straight from the camera.)post-2332-0-09808800-1330695194.jpg

Edited by riaanb

Kubu Island on the Pans 2008.

flip that is awesome.

you just became my new best friend :)

Don't know if there is any photographic integrity to this, but it's an intersting story as to how I took it. Very basic point and shoot. No flash and couldn't have the exposure too long due to the movement, so used a candle on the table as a light source. (not cropped or anything, obviously. Straight from the camera.)post-2332-0-09808800-1330695194.jpg

Interesting pic.

Eagle Owl near Shingwedzipost-31418-0-13083300-1330696298.jpg

that would be a killer pic if the entire thing was as sharp as the snake.

great capture anyway.

Some more from my little Fuji.

This is the Methodist church not far from my house, the building overlooks Jo'Burg, great view from there.

Anyhow, a bit of HDR and the halo was done on purpose.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7051/6803417176_dfccedf25d_z.jpg

DSCF3370 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Some others of nice little restaurant in Centurion.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/6949525423_f103c4949f_z.jpg

DSCF3361 by OddPix1, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7065/6949526157_d71696ef31_z.jpg

DSCF3366 by OddPix1, on Flickr

I snapped this and a few other pics of these Rhino in the very late afternoon sun, at first I didn't like the pic so much, felt it was a little underexposed and washed out, but it's slowly begun to grow on me, I think it's my favorite of this group.

RhinoLate_2.jpg

This one I also like...

RhinoLate_4.jpg

I like how the underexposed effect has captured the lateness of the day. The pics are tilted because I was facing the other direction and shooting over my shoulder. I actually think it improved the pics a bit as opposed to them being framed all square like.

@Dangle: how did you do the HDR effect? using HDR software or Photoshop (GIMP)? I'm keen to try it but have no idea how to go about it except shooting 3 shots with big exposure differences.