Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

I agree, but then again I am only a 5D slut :blush:

It's a great camera and from what work of yours I have seen you know how to use it.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great camera and from what work of yours I have seen you know how to use it.

Abso-blueday-lutely on both counts! Great camera and that sherrif knows how to wield that weapon. :thumbup:

On the MP's: Friend of mine actually said a while ago he was in magazine work and it is ridiculously low MP shots that we even see (or is required for) in glossy mags. (Can't remember the values off-hand.) So while this war is ongoing and everybody is over-excited with MP counts, you (or make that me, then) hardly ever really use it. Unless you really whack the ISO or, like somebody said previously do really big posters. Or, of course, crop the heck out of the original image.

So ja, there are use for it. I'm on a crop-sensor with 16MP (I think) and haven't seen a reason to do more. Yes, I would love a 5D or whatever relevant replacement is around when I really need to replace my body. Odds are however that I'll buy whatever replaced my camera at that point. I won't want to go below my current FPS, because I do like to take the odd action shot - that will be my biggest requirement. Fortunately, no such needs at the moment, verrrry happy with mine! (And at the point of thinking about buying a crop-sensor only wise-angle lens, which will anyways limit my choices.)

Abso-blueday-lutely on both counts! Great camera and that sherrif knows how to wield that weapon. :thumbup:

Wow gentleman, thank you :blush:

Hey Wyatt Earp. I have ordered a 5D MK III. It will replace an elderly 1D MKIV. What do you think of the camera image quality wise?

Hey Wyatt Earp. I have ordered a 5D MK III. It will replace an elderly 1D MKIV. What do you think of the camera image quality wise?

I have played a little with one.

I did not get an image quality difference between that and my MK 2, I will say this, in low light it does better the MK 2.

I will have one, one day :thumbup:

Congrats Mart, and enjoy.

Love the Go-Kart pic!!

From our Euro-trip

post-5558-0-17438200-1306411738.jpg

post-5558-0-99670200-1306411770.jpg

First photo looks like Kitzbuhl ???

I'm interested in getting a smaller camera to supplement my SLR. It's just for those instances where the SLR and all the lenses is a bit too bulky to tag along. I've seen good reviews of the Canon Powershot G15. Anyone have personal experience of the G15 or can you recommend anything similar? Shotto.

I'm interested in getting a smaller camera to supplement my SLR. It's just for those instances where the SLR and all the lenses is a bit too bulky to tag along. I've seen good reviews of the Canon Powershot G15. Anyone have personal experience of the G15 or can you recommend anything similar? Shotto.

Saw the EOS M this weekend... Maybe look into that?

Have a look at the Fuji X20.

Saw the EOS M this weekend... Maybe look into that?

Thx Francois. Will do. Will be interesting to compare the photo quality to the G15's.

I love landscape photographs, but I am sooooo cr@p at taking them.

I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Well, a first time for everything. Just got my very first wide-angle... it felt really very weird buying a lens that goes wide and not long! Plenty of research, but now it's done.

Now to go and play! :w00t: Will have to be indoors, though - Cape weather is up to it's wintery tricks again. But who knows... will keep an eye open for opportunity.

Well, a first time for everything. Just got my very first wide-angle... it felt really very weird buying a lens that goes wide and not long! Plenty of research, but now it's done.

Now to go and play! :w00t: Will have to be indoors, though - Cape weather is up to it's wintery tricks again. But who knows... will keep an eye open for opportunity.

What, what, what did you get :w00t:

Canon 10-22 (3.4-4.5 USM). Also considered Sigma's 10-20 with the fixed f3.5, but from reviews the Canon won me over, distortion is apparently the best... well, lack thereof! And I like the fact that it's a Canon and not a 3rd party lens.