Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Eiger, looks like we in the same boat ! Trying to figure out RAW or jpg.

My biggest problem right now is getting screen calibration correct so what I see on the screen comes out on the print ! They never look the same :(

Who are you using to print, and what are you using to edit (machine wise - mac or other) Slowbee?

If you want the pics to match what's on the screen, you need to use a good printer, and have a v good screen. Studio 22 & ORMS are the best for prints, and I must be honest - Macs have the most neutral screen characteristics, which are only really matched by high end monitors on other machines...

It also varies hugely if you play with the screen's vibrance, sharpness, gamma setting etc etc. Mac is great out of the box. Others, you have to tinker a bit...

BUT - some printers still change settings before printing, and use sub-standard paper / inks. Which is why I say it's best to go for Studio 22 / ORMS. Plus, they are very well priced.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forced to go on a photo walk with my brother-in-laws dad yesterday.

The old fella has taken up photography.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed myself.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7036/6828929486_191dd5c78b_z.jpg

IMG_0047 by OddPix1, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6828927996_4b4d1cb9f3_z.jpg

IMG_0063 by OddPix1, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/6975049073_1a07e692cb_z.jpg

IMG_0068 by OddPix1, on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7210/6975047721_7786554b0f_z.jpg

IMG_0081 by OddPix1, on Flickr

Edited by none

Who are you using to print, and what are you using to edit (machine wise - mac or other) Slowbee?

If you want the pics to match what's on the screen, you need to use a good printer, and have a v good screen. Studio 22 & ORMS are the best for prints, and I must be honest - Macs have the most neutral screen characteristics, which are only really matched by high end monitors on other machines...

It also varies hugely if you play with the screen's vibrance, sharpness, gamma setting etc etc. Mac is great out of the box. Others, you have to tinker a bit...

BUT - some printers still change settings before printing, and use sub-standard paper / inks. Which is why I say it's best to go for Studio 22 / ORMS. Plus, they are very well priced.

Yesterday I spent ages at the shop trying to get the prints right.. You need someone who knows what they're doing.. I had these pics for a presentation to a client so i wasnt going to settle for anything less then the best.. Took about 30 tries to get it right.. Didnt pay for the wrong ones.. Just saying that not every shop knows what they're doing when it comes to high quality prints...

Made the presentations on my mac and the quality could not be matched on print..

Edited by Fruity

Dangle you have just blown my mind.. :clap:

I really need to get out more often and find these spots...

Im going out tonight to a spot in kensington by eastgate..

Apparently its the best view of the cityscape you can get... And if there's some clouds and the moon looks good u can get some sweet shots.. I'll post the outcome tomorrow hopefully..

Dangle you have just blown my mind.. :clap: I really need to get out more often and find these spots... Im going out tonight to a spot in kensington by eastgate.. Apparently its the best view of the cityscape you can get... And if there's some clouds and the moon looks good u can get some sweet shots.. I'll post the outcome tomorrow hopefully..

Awesome, looking forward to the pics, keep me posted as for the locations whereabouts too.

Hi hubber friends

My dad is selling his old Pentax reflex film camera, do anyone perhaps know who might be interested, ive got full specs available.