How the heck do you manage to wake up in the morning...

been doing some spinning, boring as all hell (not if there is a looker next to you in tights), but you sweat like a pig.

chubba you make me laugh!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My shoes & helmet are still waiting by the door, they have been there since last week Mondays early morning training attempt :lol: Tomorrow come hell or high water I will get up, my plan is too leave my alarm outside the bedroom so I have to get up.

I have not gotten up early to train since 2 weeks before last year's 94.7.

:lol: - Yeah, its way overrated in my opinion.

I prep my kit the night before and then set my alarm for 5mins before sunrise. I make sure the alarm is placed somewhere I need to get up, walk to it, then switch it off else I am too tempted to hit the 'snooze' button and carry on napping..

this morning the sun rose at 7h13 ?? I wish I could ride that late in the morning :lol:

I set a minimum of 3 alarms at 15 minute intervals (the last being the time I must get up) and I also lay my kit out the night before. having a picture or a print out of your goal somewhere next to your bed helps. for me I have a print out of last years SA Duathlon Champs top 8 results (top 8 go to worlds) next to my bed where I can see it when I wake up, it reminds me why I want to get up, to be in that top 8 :D going to bed at 21h00 doesn't hurt either :)

Get a Two Year Old.

I'll raise you a 20 month old, with German measles. Achtung!

my wife kicks me outta bed.really, my alarm goes off, and if i dont get up she wakes me up, and says: "well your alarm did not wake me for nothing, get your lazy ass outah bed and go train!!!but it takes a while to get into a routine, and once in it, it becomes automatic like brushing teeth.i digress, i have not been training in the morning since this cold has started in ernest. But i did get some nice gloves to keep my hands warm as a pledge to start training in the AM again!!brrrrr

Yep, that rings true :rolleyes:

Pretty bizarre but I have also just done the "buy some winter gloves" thing but in order to literally kick-start early am rides I need toe warmers and there seems to be a shortage of them in the northern suburbs...

The key is riding buddies. No one wants to drop a buddie standing under a lamppost at 5am freezing his bud off waiting for you.

Too true - even worse when you're the one under a lampost :o

There's an app for that - SleepCycle for iPhone

If I had an iPhone it might help. I've put it down to the cold in my house, so heaters is the motivation.

easy if you must go to the gym. To force myself I just turned off my geyser. Now I have to go to gym to shower in the morning so I just do a workout while I am there. FYI I go to the gym at 04H00 in the mornings :)