Is this the best MTB bike ever made??

Stevief

Looking at reviews of the 2011 Cannondale jekyll i really think they have finally built the greatest MTb bike of all time. Its basically 2 bikes in 1 its a downhill monster but light enough to climb hills with the best xc bikes around. The suspension technology is simply breathtaking. I always thought the Ibis Mojo sl was number 1 but this dale Jekyll is simply the best bike ive ever seen. If you had to choose 1 MTB bike to ride for the rest of your life then for me this would be it. Although the Ibis would be number 2 choice.

post-9483-0-36713800-1307358852.png

Waddaya you guys reckon if you had to be faithful to 1 MTB bike for the rest of your life what would you choose?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the new IBIS MOJO SL-R, the SL just got pimped!!!! Only problem is the waiting line .. it is running VERY LONG and not showing signs of slowing down.

IBIS were the first to do a proper AM bike in Full Carbon, and this is V 3.0.

post-18268-0-56778200-1307359613.jpg

Sorry man the best bike in the world is a Morewood Shova , we all all know that! :lol:

You just saved me a lot of typing .

Looking at reviews of the 2011 Cannondale jekyll i really think they have finally built the greatest MTb bike of all time. Its basically 2 bikes in 1 its a downhill monster but light enough to climb hills with the best xc bikes around. The suspension technology is simply breathtaking. I always thought the Ibis Mojo sl was number 1 but this dale Jekyll is simply the best bike ive ever seen. If you had to choose 1 MTB bike to ride for the rest of your life then for me this would be it. Although the Ibis would be number 2 choice.

Waddaya you guys reckon if you had to be faithful to 1 MTB bike for the rest of your life what would you choose?

Nah, I am past the stage of trying to find the one bike that can do it all. It doesn't exist. Like most people I enjoy the odd XC romp, but I also luv to klap the singletrack and I'm now also getting into DH. I have no doubt that this 'Dale is a great bike, but there's no way that it'll be the best at all those disciplines. And besides, it's cool to have a whole warehouse of bikes to choose from (... I can dream ok ;) )

Funny thing is. to me the best bike ever made is totally different from the Jekyll.

It's a steel frame, has no gears and a rigid front fork :thumbup:

the new IBIS MOJO SL-R, the SL just got pimped!!!! Only problem is the waiting line .. it is running VERY LONG and not showing signs of slowing down.

IBIS were the first to do a proper AM bike in Full Carbon, and this is V 3.0.

that is one SWEET looking ride right there! :thumbup:

You just saved me a lot of typing .

Don't worry I got ya back - you watch the front.

These fong kong bike riders are gona try assault common sense and convince the public a frame made in Taiwan (Or some other deparved region of the earth) is better than one handmade in PMB...

Hahaha we know who will find themselves face down in the mud :)

Yes.

I rode one for two weeks, there is nothing like it. it goes up singletrack better than my xc race and comes down absolutely brilliantly. Downhillingking tried it as well and loved it and said it was blerry quick... if there was one bike on the planet that i would have to ride for the rest of my life it would undoubtedly be this. the head angle should maybe be 66 instead of 68 and the front deraileur (shimano XT version) cage touches on the frame when shifting to big ring which tends to throw out your gears a bit (its just the nut that the cable is held on with (nothing a dremel cant fix)) i shouldnt actually be saying too much yet but Bicycling will have an article on it soon.(i think)

I reckon if you want a great all round bike for hitting any trail or do a xc race that cannondale must be the best in my opinion. Im really getting a big liking in cannondale

1 or 2 things that cannondale need to re-think and refine on the jekyll, but other than that, IT IS THE BEST BIKE IN THE WORLD!!!

This bike i rate could win epic(maybe not with all the 29rsbut anyway) and is still the most fun ive ever had.

I see that the rear dual shock in one design from Fox on the Jekyll is so inovative that Fox have patented it. Stunning Bike.

Er... no, ok I dunno, but... Scott pulled off that 2 bikes in 1 thing in 2008 already, so certainly not a new concept. I'm no fan of Scott, but as far as I know it worked pretty well too.

"Best MTB" what's that even mean? If you really like it and you spent your hard earned cash on it, and most importantly you actually ride the thing, then it's the best MTB in world... for you!

Buy it, it looks mighty purty :)

Funny thing is. to me the best bike ever made is totally different from the Jekyll.

It's a steel frame, has no gears and a rigid front fork :thumbup:

+ 1

:thumbup:

Er... no, ok I dunno, but... Scott pulled off that 2 bikes in 1 thing in 2008 already, so certainly not a new concept. I'm no fan of Scott, but as far as I know it worked pretty well too.

"Best MTB" what's that even mean? If you really like it and you spent your hard earned cash on it, and most importantly you actually ride the thing, then it's the best MTB in world... for you!

Buy it, it looks mighty purty :)

The guy that designed the scott genius went and designed the jekyll and bettering it in the places that the scott wasnt great.