Chubba

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eish, a 29'er trail bike?...#confused :unsure:

Love the ibis brand though :thumbup:

Not such a new concept, check out the Kona Sartori 29er. 130mm travel, very naaice.

Not such a new concept, check out the Kona Sartori 29er. 130mm travel, very naaice.

google can not even find it???

Ok, its Satori

Edited by Chain-L

eish, a 29'er trail bike?...#confused :unsure:

Love the ibis brand though :thumbup:

"During the same time we were riding other 29ers and realized how we were spoiled by the 140mm of front and rear travel found on the Mojo. The big wheels certainly mitigate the shorter travel, but 100mm forks to us felt like we were going back in time (not in a good way). We're were sure a 100mm bike would make a World Cup fire road racer happy but it wouldn't really make us happy. Back to Dave. Can you make the eccentric bike have 120mm of travel and still be just as efficient? No problem he said, so we got to work."

Ibis Ripley on Bikeradar

"The bike we've seen isn't rideable, they'll be along later this fall, but we've seen a few things, which we think will make it a star on the trail. The way the chassis is shaped with a low stand over, even on this large, creates a bike which looks to be less of a handful in tight situation than some other more barge like 29er full sussers.We also love the lateral positioning of the shaft end of the rear shock, a real Homer Simpson 'Doh' moment. The 90° switch means any lateral forces which make it to the rear shock act with the pivot direction and not against it as on all other rear shock mounts, something Ibis hopes will reduce wear and proof that Ibis are riders looking for a better path."

"During the same time we were riding other 29ers and realized how we were spoiled by the 140mm of front and rear travel found on the Mojo. The big wheels certainly mitigate the shorter travel, but 100mm forks to us felt like we were going back in time (not in a good way). We're were sure a 100mm bike would make a World Cup fire road racer happy but it wouldn't really make us happy. Back to Dave. Can you make the eccentric bike have 120mm of travel and still be just as efficient? No problem he said, so we got to work."

demmit, those okes must have R&D budget the size of Zim's GDP. So, are you thinking of getting one?

So, are you thinking of getting one?

Always.

One of the reasons I'm an Ibis fan and they have such great success with new bikes is the fact that they do testing behind closed doors. Most manufacturers jump on a new trend the second it hits the floor and then sort out the finer details one their second and third model years.

The Mojo was in testing, design and CD ages before the first bike dropped. So too the Tranny, HD and now the Ripley.

Always.

One of the reasons I'm an Ibis fan and they have such great success with new bikes is the fact that they do testing behind closed doors. Most manufacturers jump on a new trend the second it hits the floor and then sort out the finer details one their second and third model years.

The Mojo was in testing, design and CD ages before the first bike dropped. So too the Tranny, HD and now the Ripley.

What's your view on the new Mojo SLR? Something between the Mojo and the SL or something very different?

What's your view on the new Mojo SLR? Something between the Mojo and the SL or something very different?

The SL-R is in essence an updated SL. Same geo and the rest, but with

• tapered steerer,
  • press fit BB,
  • 142 rear maxle
  • direct mount FD
  • Carbon fiber post-mount rear brake mounts
  • an entirely new molding technology. They've future-proofed it with the latest tech. When you compare the SL-R to the Mojo HD (the SL-R's AM brother), it’s between 80-90% of the HD’s stiffness in every measurement, yet with a frame weight of under five pounds.
  • 2250G target frame weight!!!

The SL will still be sold at an reduced RRP with the original Mojo being dropped from the line-up.

The SL-R is the perfect one bike for most riders. Light enough to race (comparable with Anthem Advanced!), but capable enough to do most AM rides on.

The SL-R is in essence an updated SL. Same geo and the rest, but with

• tapered steerer,
  • press fit BB,
  • 142 rear maxle
  • direct mount FD
  • Carbon fiber post-mount rear brake mounts
  • an entirely new molding technology. They've future-proofed it with the latest tech. When you compare the SL-R to the Mojo HD (the SL-R's AM brother), it’s between 80-90% of the HD’s stiffness in every measurement, yet with a frame weight of under five pounds.
  • 2250G target frame weight!!!

The SL will still be sold at an reduced RRP with the original Mojo being dropped from the line-up.

The SL-R is the perfect one bike for most riders. Light enough to race (comparable with Anthem Advanced!), but capable enough to do most AM rides on.

there's a very good reason that Mr. Lopes rides one... or 6