Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270882_10150304998225359_587070358_9552141_4231300_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/271047_10150304998295359_587070358_9552142_6477962_n.jpg

2010 GT Force Carbon Expert

Fox Talas RC

Fox RP23 Boostvalve

Full XT groupset with XTR Shifters

Mavic XM 719 Rims

Superstar Hubs - in green

Aerozine?? Rotors - in green

KCNC 80mm Stem

750mm Spank Spike bars

ODI grips

DX pedals

Fizik Gobi seat

still need to take a clearer pic! .... :thumbdown:

Hey can you guys lower your seats before taking these photos. These bikes look dumb with the seat above the bars like that, and I challenge you to ride a decent line with your arse so high in the air ;)

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough as nails. Had a SL before and even that took some serious abuse. My riding buddy's Alu frame rear tri gave way and we ride together 95% of the time and do 100% the same stuff.

Even though I look after my stuff I don't wrap it in cotton to go down the mountain. I often do DH runs (Paarl / Tokai / Eden) on the HD (did on the SL as well) and haven't had any issues. Rumor is MOST carbon frames can still drop a lot of weight, but because it's already so much lighter than ALU manufacturers can afford to over-build for now.

Hey can you guys lower your seats before taking these photos. These bikes look dumb with the seat above the bars like that, and I challenge you to ride a decent line with your arse so high in the air ;)

Aah, but you see, it's only the really skilled riders who can run a DH course with their seats in the XC position. :D

Tough as nails. Had a SL before and even that took some serious abuse. My riding buddy's Alu frame rear tri gave way and we ride together 95% of the time and do 100% the same stuff.

Even though I look after my stuff I don't wrap it in cotton to go down the mountain. I often do DH runs (Paarl / Tokai / Eden) on the HD (did on the SL as well) and haven't had any issues. Rumor is MOST carbon frames can still drop a lot of weight, but because it's already so much lighter than ALU manufacturers can afford to over-build for now.

Awesome thx. Ja, I'd rather them overbuild the carbon frames. I have a GT Zaskar carbon frame and every time I go out riding with it (which is not that often, seeing that AM riding is soooo much more fun) I expect to hear it crack!

AND...if none of that helps I might as well post this:

post-1575-0-14971000-1308820594.jpg

[Pics that make you think Why The Face!]

Edited by The Crow

Crow, none of these pics show that a carbon frame will survive a sharp impact. These pics all show it doing what it's designed to do. I'd like to see a before/after pic of a frame like that smacking a tree on a DH crash, or getting crashed in a rock garden. I've picked up bikes i've crashed on and seen dents etc that without a doubt would kill a frame like that.

Awesome bikes though, but you need to be able to properly afford a carbon frame to ride one..

Also, remember that no amount of over-build will or can compensate for not riding smooth. There are some guys who do BIG stuff on their HD's, but most of them are smooth riders. Look at the Syndicate guys, they are riding Carbon rims in an environment where a technical failure is absolutely unaccepted. And according to an insider they haven't busted a single rim since going carbon.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/takeabao/23816803-0909Fade2Black_LS141.jpg

sick photo

I think there's a valid argument for both sides. Crashing a bike into a tree also depends on angle and how the energy gets transferred. I've seen alu frames snap in half. I have also seen three SC Superlights cracked during one epic! Same with Spez Epic. And although I believe the HD can put up with a lot of abuse, I wouldn't buy one for proper DH courses or Freeriding. But I would consider a DH carbon frame for that.

This guy has crashed his bike more than he is willing to admit. Frame is still going strong without any dents.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/takeabao/ow.jpg