to the guy i lent my pump to at hazeldean (sorted thanks)

brad890

I once lent a guy a quicklink during the race, and he promised that he woudl bring it back afterwards... waited nearly an hour. Just about to give up and be dissappointed in my fellow MTB community, and he rocks up with R50 to replace my link. This was great.

HOWEVER, if you really come unprepared for your race, don't expect others to help you. Make sure you have your own pump, quicklink, tube, patches etc.

And, if you decide to lend your stuff to someone you don't know, make sure you do it with the expectation to never get it back. Everyone look different without a helmet and glasses... And if you do get it back, it's great, but if not, well, you did not expect it back in any case.

Just my 5c worth...

You rich pig, it's supposed to be 2c....:blink:

You rich pig, it's supposed to be 2c....:blink:

Duh!! I wanted to borrow 2c from the hubber next door, he only had 5c... :blush:

But I AM rich - cause now i've got 3c for myself, although I'll use it to buy a pump for the other guy who lost his... :clap:

I know this is a shot in the dark, i did the 70km hazeldean this weekend and lent my pump to a guy along the route on the 70km for a mate who had a slow puncture along the route, so lent it to him, and he said he'd meet me at the finish, so thought what the hell knew i probably wouldn't see the pump again (wasn't anything fancy)

so if your on the hub, it would be nice to get it back. but if not oh well.

Your pump was handed in at the finish line. He gave your name, and it was announced on the PA system.

The pump will possibly have been handed to the race organizers, or one of the commissaires or timekeepers may still have it.

Duh!! I wanted to borrow 2c from the hubber next door, he only had 5c... :blush:

But I AM rich - cause now i've got 3c for myself, although I'll use it to buy a pump for the other guy who lost his... :clap:

Applied logic + economics= you should be running our country (rather stick to your own business) :thumbup:

A kind lady gave us (punctured tandem) her pump at Llandudno, during the Argus and told us to keep it.

I will gladly pass it on to any hubber who needs the favour returned.....restore the balance?

Heh at last year's Nissan at Walkerville I punctured my back wheel and only had a pump, not a bomb, no tube, and couldn't get the tyre to inflate.. Quite a lot of people asked me if they could help but I waved them on cause I was too embarrassed to admit that I hadn't brought the right spares with. Towards the back of the field, two awesome dudes stopped and despite my protestations, insisted on putting their tube into my wheel. I spent the rest of the day riding with them to the finish at lekker 'geniet dit' pace. Dankie manne!

Your pump was handed in at the finish line. He gave your name, and it was announced on the PA system.

The pump will possibly have been handed to the race organizers, or one of the commissaires or timekeepers may still have it.

oh ok thanks for the info, then the intent was there to give it back which i'm cool with :thumbup:

i didn't hang around for ages after as i've now come down with the cold and was feeling quite poo at the finish line. so yeah.

I know this is a shot in the dark, i did the 70km hazeldean this weekend and lent my pump to a guy along the route on the 70km for a mate who had a slow puncture along the route, so lent it to him, and he said he'd meet me at the finish, so thought what the hell knew i probably wouldn't see the pump again (wasn't anything fancy)

so if your on the hub, it would be nice to get it back. but if not oh well.

A guy who borrowed a pump during the race handed it in to the organisers, they announced it at the prize giving. Maybe you should contact them?

hmmm now that the pump story is sorted out.

no one saw my energy bar along the route think it might have fallen out of my camelbak

have attached a image if anyone has seen it :P

post-13613-0-53169000-1309153320.jpg

no one saw my energy bar along the route think it might have fallen out of my camelbak

this is a shot in the dark as i hear lots of people took short cuts over the weekend and i did the full route, so probably only half the riders may have passed it <_<

is that the actual size of the energy bar?

is that the actual size of the energy bar?

no i'd say slightly bigger than the picture above, and weight on the scale as one usually see's with bike parts was a gram or two over advertised price.

Edited by brad890

Hows THIS for AwEsOmE and I mean this MOST sincerely.... just in case the gent in question is here on thehub...

I gave a lady a quicklink when her chain broke. Her hubby turned around, came back to see what the problem was and said to me "I will get youa replacement". I was like dont stress its a nothing little link......

a moth later, stadning in the start chute, the gentleman comes up to me and says, been looking for you the last couple of weeks..... here is you replacement quicklink!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

THE coolest of coolest things ever... DAMN impressed with the Cape Town Roadies... they rock and I will miss the guys LANK!!!

Will miss you too buddy!

Back to OP - great you got sorted! :thumbup: