Riding up single track in Tokai

david16v

Single track in Tokai  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ride the `downhill` and single track sections in Tokai?

• Yes - I ride down the `downhill` and Single tracks
    • Yes - I ride up the `downhill` and Single tracks
    • Yes - I ride up and down the `downhill` and Single tracks
    • Yes - I ride up and down the Single tracks and ONLY down on the `downhill`
    • No - I have no technical experience
    • No - Its too dangerous to ride up the `downhill` and Single track sections

And as for being a Dh rider, I recently did a dh race on my single speed hard tail with 170 mm forks. Does that count? And I won my class. ( Cos I was the only one. Ha ha good times)

On One.. black?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I raced at eden. White Azonic Steelhead. I got a gold medal! Looks cool hanging in the garage with all the tools and bike parts

Yes I raced at eden. White Azonic Steelhead. I got a gold medal! Looks cool hanging in the garage with all the tools and bike parts

ah well, at least I couldn't be more wrong!

Well done bud.. looks like you found a loophole to fame!

Let's not get heated guys. David's made a couple of points, and if he doesn't want to help so be it.

Moving riiiight along...since my %#^%$*%^%& flu is still not 100% gone, I'd like to do some trail work if there's any happening this weekend. I just need to get the hell out of the house and if I ride I'll be back to square one again. Is this flu worse this winter or what? I'm going mad here. I even decided to have my forks and shock rebuilt I've been down so long. Now theyre back even :(

Dude, that sucks!

I might not be able to make this weekend. No, scratch that. I WON'T be able to make this weekend.

I'm writing an exam on Monday - If I don't pass it, my license as a Financial Advisor is up for ****. It's one of those Regulatory Exams on the FAIS & FICA acts. So, I'm studying my ass off, even though I know all of it. Just don't want to be caught out by the way they word the questions...

Dude, that sucks!

I might not be able to make this weekend. No, scratch that. I WON'T be able to make this weekend.

I'm writing an exam on Monday - If I don't pass it, my license as a Financial Advisor is up for ****. It's one of those Regulatory Exams on the FAIS & FICA acts. So, I'm studying my ass off, even though I know all of it. Just don't want to be caught out by the way they word the questions...

hey man, work always comes first. It's important. Good luck and study hard dude. Let's try organise a full day with a full spade wielding posse...with beer & braai afterwards. It's all about sharing our favourite pastime with like minded people.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Omega Man

It tells me that 80% of cyclists voting are all downhill riders!!

So when a vote doesn't go your way you call foul?

Guest Omega Man

In the bmx , dirt jump community there is a strong " no dig no ride" policy.

If that rule was in place at Tokai there would be 30 people on the mountain.

If that rule was in place at Tokai there would be 30 people on the mountain.

Half that, bro. With you & leet, as well as a couple of others, we'd struggle to hit 20. There was a SERIOUS turnout yesterday, and then at the peak we prob only hit 10 or 12. Sad, really.

Guest Omega Man

Half that, bro. With you & leet, as well as a couple of others, we'd struggle to hit 20. There was a SERIOUS turnout yesterday, and then at the peak we prob only hit 10 or 12. Sad, really.

Sorry I didn't make it. My hands are still recovering from my France trip. Oh. Did I mention I rode Morzine, Les Gets etc for 12 days? I saw 2 29ers. Both owned by Yanks....

Edited by Omega Man

Yes, I believe they do have snaps and vids of the trip. Omega, when are you having a viewing?

Hey I just sold a 29er to a guy.. welcome back! he heh

.. and the noticeable absence of David16v was felt by all.

Speaking of which.. did you guys see the rider cruising up the new section until he noticed we were digging on the trail..ha ha, he turned on a dime and hot-tailed it outta there.

Classic case.. It was a rider, riding up the downhill.. knowing he was wrong!

Edited by Pain or Shine

Guest Omega Man

Classic case.. It was a rider, riding up the downhill.. knowing he was wrong!

I hate to be a negative person here but don't you maybe think that flaunting/ignoring rules in general is actually a South African epidemic?

e.g. Drink driving, Not paying traffic tickets, talking on the cell whilst driving. I could go on and on.