Am I being Unreasonable?

TheV

Dude... Ditch the sale... :thumbdown:

We are all duped into feeling obliged to give-him-an-other-chance! Enough already!!

There are many LBS out there.. :clap: take out a Bicycing Mag... and look at the back... there is a huuuge list of shops... Shop around... or buy from someone here. Do not take their poor service... not to mention them trying to take you for an idiot! There is no excuse for downgrading your bike-and then to say they do not know how that happened... not to mention the scratches!! eeeeesih! :angry:

Try selling the bike now to get your money back!

PS... for R30K I hope that was an awesum bike!... oh wait-perhaps they sold you a FAST bike! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's their claim to be "the largest cycle retailer...." see it on their website: www.cyclelab.co.za

I didn't spot any of the issues while we did the bike setup or before i left the shop. the shifters sit under the break levers and i didn't notice...

the scratches was really just an irritation and if i didn't have the issues with the shifters, the pedals, or the fact that they scratched it even WORSE i wouldn't even have mentioned it.

the reason i mention the previous purchases is that i considered myself an important customer who spent a considerable amount of money with them in a very short period of time and they dont even have the decency to call me back or keep me updated or even "make" that they are concerned about the issues or the fact..

Buddy you have every right to be seriously pissed after spending all that bucks. Here in the Garden Route our smaller (than JHB) local bike shops give us great service and treat our bikes as their own because they can not afford the cock-ups that take place in the big city retailers. Move to George.

Did you send your details to Andrew per his post above and has he sorted this issue. For 30k you deserve better service than this.I would take my cash and look else where am sure there is someone with a decent service for that kind of cash.If its Cycle Lab then demand they call Andrew to the shop floor and sort the mess pronto on your next visit. Crap service should not be tolerated even for 3cents spend by any once called a customer.

My tuppence:

No - you're not being unreasonable. You paid for a certain good and you should get it.

As for the service: if you're unhappy escalate. Go to management and sort it out there.

I see Andrew was decent enough to pick up the thread and be proactive in sorting it out.

+1

You guys serious about the 30 day test, awesome.

Just bought my fiance a 18 inch Merida 1-20 500D, it ends with being a tad to high, the cross bar, if this true then I'm asking them to swap out for a 16 inch.

G

Lab Ad:

Why should I shop at Cycle Lab;

Cycle Lab The Experts in Cycling!

-30 day test ride. If you are not happy with your purchase we will exchange it or replace it.

-Most knowledgeable and helpful staff.

-Best mechanics available. We pride ourselves on having the best workshops in SA.

-We believe in; Service above all else!

Maybe you got one of the bikes returned on day 29. What do they do with those bikes anyway? I've never seen a second hand bike advertised at CL. Or is the 30 day return thing a load of hype?

not sure if anyone have asked yet, which Cyclelab branch we talking here about, As with any big company the service will differ from branch to branch. All dependent on the manager and the staff.

G

hi Guys,

So the 30 day ride is true, they should do a full set-up as well as give some sort of service plan. If you still unhappy, then call Andrew directly or email him. Wont be long and you will get what you wanted.

Easy as pie, go to the top.

I'm also getting quite irritated at how often bike shops try to sell you a 29er,

on Monday i phoned a "specific bike shop" in cape town to ask about a Cannondale carbon flash, they said they had one in stock and one special so i got back from the knysna oyster festival on Wednesday and rushed to the shop hoping it would still be there, only to find that it was a 29er, the assistant at the shop then told me that i definitely said 29er, what happened to "the customer is always right"???

regarding cycle lab, I've bought a bike from them and they are very friendly and customer service is good, although a bit slow sometimes, maybe it's because they know me, but seeing as you spent R50k at them they should have at least called you back.

I've also seen lots of bikes that have been tested for 30days, crashed and then resold with the same dirty saddles and deep gouges.