Am I being Unreasonable?

TheV

I believe this was tongue in check stuff! ;)

Some how I don't think it was, but i could be wrong and stand to be corrected :D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if this was any other bike shop then hubbers would go "have you phoned the manager first before you nail the shop on a public forum"

if this was any other bike shop then hubbers would go "have you phoned the manager first before you nail the shop on a public forum"

"Monday morning i phone the manager...."

The OP already did that :P

The OP did this, and he never named the shop.

I believe this was tongue in check stuff! ;)

Frieek sorry bout that , sitting in a very difficult meeting thats about to go really south , and just made commment with out thinking !! :blush:

@TheV, if you shopped at Fourways, ask for Andrew McLean to personally sort this mess out. He is there most of the time and is approachable and although I do not know him that well he seems committed to customer service. If you shopped at Pretoria speak to one of the Labuschagne brothers to help you out.

Unfortunately some employees just do not understand customer service excellence and they do not realise the damage they do to their employers brand.

@TheV, if you shopped at Fourways, ask for Andrew McLean to personally sort this mess out.

Dude, Andrew sleeps at night, he's way ahead of you:

This is most certainly not the norm and I can assure that I will make sure it is sorted out immediately.

you are 100% correct this is unacceptable service.

Please mail me your details;

andrew@cyclelab.com

Dude, Andrew sleeps at night, he's way ahead of you:

Sorry my bad. Was on the phone with a client (obviously not a Vodacom client) and forgot to post beforehand. But there you have it. It's just like I said.

Was on the phone with a client (obviously not a Vodacom client)

Yeah, last day to RICA, has vodacrap jumped the gun and is already chopping users?

It's sad that people must first make a whoo-ha and complain on The Hub, Hellopeter, Carte Blanche, Dear Sally to get things done.

I guess that is the risk if you're expanding from a hands-on one-man-shop to a national chain. You just can't give enough attention to all the branches and customers.

Yeah, last day to RICA, has vodacrap jumped the gun and is already chopping users?

Only the ones like me who have actually RICAed <_<

Edited by Edman

Dude

You carry a Flamesuit? if not get one , the man was merely creating context by stating what had happend before, secondly ,you have no idea (I suspect) how old this youngster is and if MTB is his thing ..............maybe it's to get him into the biking thing ,besides it's got nothing to do with the topic ,stay on topic !!

I'm the 'Off topic master" Hijack on and off!!!

Flame away man, I think it's got something to do with the topic. The OP was hugely impulsive, didn't even check a R30k purchase for flaws etc. If it's so easy to drop that kind of cash, then why not buy the kid a nice bike? 5 grand with all the accessories is hardly a nice bike at all. Flame away though, I give rocks.

what does it matter what he paid for his sons bike, no were did he say how old his son is or if his son is even interested in cycling and in my opinion R5000 is a lot of chat to pay for a bike that might not be used.. and any way this is all off topic.

back on topic, if I was you I would see if Andrew can sort this out which I am sure he will and if he can't then get your cash back and go spend it else were. and as for checking a bike before you leave the shop, I think that is for the LBS to do no me I pay and expect it to be right first time.

You forgot to add the pre requisite .... Dude!

Flame away man, I think it's got something to do with the topic. The OP was hugely impulsive, didn't even check a R30k purchase for flaws etc. If it's so easy to drop that kind of cash, then why not buy the kid a nice bike? 5 grand with all the accessories is hardly a nice bike at all. Flame away though, I give rocks.

I think that could depend on how old his son is, 5K could be a lot of money for child that is very young. I also think the reference to what he purchased for his son was to give context to his situation.

It's sad that people must first make a whoo-ha and complain on The Hub, Hellopeter, Carte Blanche, Dear Sally to get things done.

I guess that is the risk if you're expanding from a hands-on one-man-shop to a national chain. You just can't give enough attention to all the branches and customers.

The guy did first go back to the shop and then still waited for them to phone. We must complain more and not just accept bad service etc.

Well done on Andrew for standing up and sorting this out. Hopefully there'll be less chance of it happening again.

See it works. ;)