Am I being Unreasonable?

TheV

"Am I been unreasonable.?"

NO.! You are not been unreasonable to expect to be called back, you are not unresonable to expect to be sold the correct goods, you are not unreasonable to expect a fair service and a satisfactory answer to your questions, you are not unreasonable to complain loud, clear, and for as long as it takes to get sorted to your satisfaction.

This "Am I been unreasonable" lets not make a fuss attitude is one of the prime reasons why service in this country is so P**s Poor, we as a nation are to scared to make a noise.

Were this in the USA the OP would be screaming blue murder, getting the BBB (Better buisness Bureau) involved, demanding compensation for his lost time travel and inconvenience (and getting it), and demanding answers that satisfy his concerns.

I admire you Bud, I hope you get sorted as in my opinion you have been a real gentleman, I unfortunately would not have been so accomodating.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Am I been unreasonable.?"

NO.! You are not been unreasonable to expect to be called back, you are not unresonable to expect to be sold the correct goods, you are not unreasonable to expect a fair service and a satisfactory answer to your questions, you are not unreasonable to complain loud, clear, and for as long as it takes to get sorted to your satisfaction.

This "Am I been unreasonable" lets not make a fuss attitude is one of the prime reasons why service in this country is so P**s Poor, we as a nation are to scared to make a noise.

Were this in the USA the OP would be screaming blue murder, getting the BBB (Better buisness Bureau) involved, demanding compensation for his lost time travel and inconvenience (and getting it), and demanding answers that satisfy his concerns.

I admire you Bud, I hope you get sorted as in my opinion you have been a real gentleman, I unfortunately would not have been so accomodating.

+100%, it always amazes me how the consumer is always held responsible for this c$%p!

I also wonder, from some of the comments in this thread, how many guys on this forum prescribe to the same mentality of giving their customers shoddy service and making excuses!

Edited by Chubba

Ask for your money back and try another LBS - it's not like there's a shortage in Jhb!

Yeah... starting to think I should ask for my cash back.... not the way I usually do things but i'm really pee'd off at the moment with them...

Ok - next question, where do i take my 30k, and what do i get, pref something light, full XT or better, with full sus.

Secondly, who do i get it from, that has stock, and actually cares about customer service?

make some suggestions.

Lab Ad:

Why should I shop at Cycle Lab;

Cycle Lab The Experts in Cycling!

-30 day test ride. If you are not happy with your purchase we will exchange it or replace it.

-Most knowledgeable and helpful staff.

-Best mechanics available. We pride ourselves on having the best workshops in SA.

-We believe in; Service above all else!

Maybe you got one of the bikes returned on day 29. What do they do with those bikes anyway? I've never seen a second hand bike advertised at CL. Or is the 30 day return thing a load of hype?

Interesting point :thumbup:

Yeah... starting to think I should ask for my cash back.... not the way I usually do things but i'm really pee'd off at the moment with them...

Ok - next question, where do i take my 30k, and what do i get, pref something light, full XT or better, with full sus.

Secondly, who do i get it from, that has stock, and actually cares about customer service?

make some suggestions.

what type of bike? XC, Trail, All mountain.....?

Unfortunately the problem with going so big is their is very little personal knowledge and relationships with customers and you need to be in the click most of the time to be noticed

Agree 120%. Here's another Cyclelab story. A few years ago I wanted to buy a Trek EX9, so I went to Cyclelab here in Cape Town. They didn't have a large on the floor so I asked if they could order me one. The sales guy immediately said there was no stock available in SA and that they couldn't help me. I actually asked him whether he was sure, upon which he said he his "100%" sure.

A bit disappointed I walked out and straight to Bowman Cycles. I told the story to Shan Wilson, upon which said he would make a quick call. Needless to say there were quite a few large frames still available and the next day I bought my Trek from Bowman's...so the fact that the salesman did not want to make a 2 minute call, cost them R35k that day. I will not do business with Cyclelab again.

SNIP

Wait for them to PD the bike, and off I Go....

Next morning I take my new baby for a ride.... in getting ready I notice

SNIP

After my ride i load the bike onto my carrier and spot the shifters for the first time...

SNIP

So i do a full sweep of all components and also notices the spd's should be M520 not the M505 they put on..

In answer to your question, I left the bits that i deemed to be unreasonable.

The rest seems pretty reasonable.

Should have done the test ride and your own PD inspection before leaving the premises.

If you intend to establish frequent dealings with this particular shop then let them sort it out properly, if not then ask for your money back.

what type of bike? XC, Trail, All mountain.....?

Hey Chubba - this will be my first "above average level" MTB investment. I coming over from a long history as a roadie and at this point i want to upgrade my current Merida TFS 500 to something more racy.

Mostly i want something that is light, climbs super well as that is my strength/talent and something i can do a couple of races with later on... will prob use it for 12 to 18 months and then upgrade again if i continue to enjoy MTB as much as i do currently.

Hey Chubba - this will be my first "above average level" MTB investment. I coming over from a long history as a roadie and at this point i want to upgrade my current Merida TFS 500 to something more racy.

Mostly i want something that is light, climbs super well as that is my strength/talent and something i can do a couple of races with later on... will prob use it for 12 to 18 months and then upgrade again if i continue to enjoy MTB as much as i do currently.

Giant Anthem X (26 or 29) is about R30k

Edited by splat

This would be my list, no need to upgrade later with one of these:

Morewood Zula - i own one and it’s awesome. http://www.morewoodbikes.com/bikes/xc-marathon/zula/

Santa Cruz Blur XC - http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/blurxc_carbon/

Yeti ASR-5 - http://www.yeticycles.com/

Specialized Stumpjumper - (this is an xc/trail bike) http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBCMain.jsp?scid=1000

For reviews Bikeradar

Edited by Chubba

If it is Cyclelab, then everyone PLEASE calm down and allow them to rectify the problem.

Maybe they were too interested in receiving payment that they even forgot to do an inspection. :unsure:

I'm sure they'll sort it out.

Common Chill now Hubbers!

V

Not saying some of the ouws on the HUB are not cheap ,but I have only had real good help and "Joburg beating Prices" at Cycle Zone in Rustenburg ,not to far from you . I have bought 2 road bikes and 4 MtB's mostly Merida from Fereed , cheaper then most in JHB and PTA Speak to Fereed he is a gentleman and Nick gives you Technical avice :thumbup:

tx

Charl

God Bless

Edited by CharlV

In answer to your question, I left the bits that i deemed to be unreasonable.

The rest seems pretty reasonable.

Should have done the test ride and your own PD inspection before leaving the premises.

If you intend to establish frequent dealings with this particular shop then let them sort it out properly, if not then ask for your money back.

I know this has been discussed at length more than once on other threads, but I dont agree.

After spending R30k+ on a bike at an apparently reputable shop that is part of a high profile country wide chain, someone shouldn't have to make sure the bike is OK and to spec before leaving.

Phew, I would love this privlage, but why not just buy the better bike now? We all know you will fall in love with MTBing, if you have'nt already?

This would be my list, no need to upgrade later with one of these:

Morewood Zula - i own one and it’s awesome. http://www.morewoodbikes.com/bikes/xc-marathon/zula/

Santa Cruz Blur XC - http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/blurxc_carbon/

Yeti ASR-5 - http://www.yeticycles.com/

Specialized Stumpjumper - (this is an xc/trail bike) http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBCMain.jsp?scid=1000

For reviews Bikeradar

Thanks Chubba -

Price ranges and who will actually have around 18.5" in stock?