Am I being Unreasonable?

TheV

Now it's "that shop" ?

FFS! What shop? If ya'll know, then post the damn name. If ya'll too chickensh1t to post it, then someone pm me the name of the damn shop.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these hubbers on here just spam peoples posts with worthless info

Ask for your money back bud you sure as heck have the right to and I am pretty sure all of us know it is Cycle Lab unless I am wrong

Seems like they're sorting this issue out, so if it's a bike you really want, then give them the next few days to resolve. That said, call the manager and tell him you're not happy with the service and that you expect better from them. That way he knows he needs to up his game.

Ok, and after a brief scan of your rant, why didn't you check the bike when you were about to walk out the shop with it? And of what relevance is your purchase(s) in May?

It's their claim to be "the largest cycle retailer...." see it on their website: www.cyclelab.co.za

I didn't spot any of the issues while we did the bike setup or before i left the shop. the shifters sit under the break levers and i didn't notice...

the scratches was really just an irritation and if i didn't have the issues with the shifters, the pedals, or the fact that they scratched it even WORSE i wouldn't even have mentioned it.

the reason i mention the previous purchases is that i considered myself an important customer who spent a considerable amount of money with them in a very short period of time and they dont even have the decency to call me back or keep me updated or even "make" that they are concerned about the issues or the fact..

Now it's "that shop" ?

FFS! What shop? If ya'll know, then post the damn name. If ya'll too chickensh1t to post it, then someone pm me the name of the damn shop.

post-6252-0-01618600-1309428582.png

the reason i mention the previous purchases is that i considered myself an important customer

Well, there you go. Now you probably have an idea of how important they consider you to be. I'd be contacting the CPA people not posting here, unless you just wanted to give us a heads up on who gives good service and who doesn't?

I didn't spot any of the issues while we did the bike setup or before i left the shop. the shifters sit under the break levers and i didn't notice...

How was the bike set-up? You can see the shifters like this, no? :unsure:

post-1604-0-33271300-1309428983.jpg

am pretty sure all of us know it is Cycle Lab unless I am wrong

See, the service and stuff the OP describes, I would have immediately thought it was Cajees. I read numerous posts here about how crap Cajees service is, and no-one is scared to mention their name.

Unfortunately the problem with going so big is their is very little personal knowledge and relationships with customers and you need to be in the click most of the time to be noticed

How was the bike set-up. You can see the shifters like this, no? :unsure:

post-1604-0-33271300-1309428983.jpg

Thank you for your post Tumbleweed - however when i made my decision which model i wanted i was looking at a smaller size on the floor - this one had XT shifters on it as i spent some time deciding... the bike they sold me came from another rack, and i never noticed it until the next day....

when i took my bike back the first thing i did when i entered the shop is look at all their other bikes in this model - they all had XT... again i asked to the manager why do these bikes have it and mine didn't?, "whats the history of this specific bike?" he just kept on saying they don't sell SECOND HAND bikes... i never made that claim, i was asking if it came from another shop or if it was used for a demo, etc?

i guess your trying to say it was my fault for not checking it before i left, however if it was that obvious why didn't they SPOT it?

Thank you for your post Tumbleweed - however when i made my decision which model i wanted i was looking at a smaller size on the floor - this one had XT shifters on it as i spent some time deciding... the bike they sold me came from another rack, and i never noticed it until the next day....

when i took my bike back the first thing i did when i entered the shop is look at all their other bikes in this model - they all had XT... again i asked to the manager why do these bikes have it and mine didn't?, "whats the history of this specific bike?" he just kept on saying they don't sell SECOND HAND bikes... i never made that claim, i was asking if it came from another shop or if it was used for a demo, etc?

i guess your trying to say it was my fault for not checking it before i left, however if it was that obvious why didn't they SPOT it?

No, I wasn't saying it was your fault. I thought maybe the bike was set-up funny.

Take the bike back and get your money. Spend it somewhere else, **** service should not be tolerated.

One more point, if a bike (or anything else for that matter) is advertised with a certain spec why is it the consumers job to ensure that it is all 100% correct. Some consumers might not be up to speed with all the technicalities, but trust the business to provide the correct product/service! (clearly this is asking to much)

This is mis-advertising and by the sounds of it a bike that has been down spec’d for another customer, and they tried to make a quick buck.

Edited by Chubba

No, I wasn't saying it was your fault. I thought maybe the bike was set-up funny.

Hahah ;) you are the one with a funny-setup.... sending me pics of your "bike" in a dark room...

Lab Ad:

Why should I shop at Cycle Lab;

Cycle Lab The Experts in Cycling!

-30 day test ride. If you are not happy with your purchase we will exchange it or replace it.

-Most knowledgeable and helpful staff.

-Best mechanics available. We pride ourselves on having the best workshops in SA.

-We believe in; Service above all else!

Maybe you got one of the bikes returned on day 29. What do they do with those bikes anyway? I've never seen a second hand bike advertised at CL. Or is the 30 day return thing a load of hype?

1. Check their website for complaints contact info. If there isn't any just send an e-mail to as many of the addresses listed. Include the branch name and name of the sales rep/manager.

2. Post on hellopeter.com

3. e-mail Andrew McLean

Ask for your money back and try another LBS - it's not like there's a shortage in Jhb!

Edited by Nimby