DIY - Morewood Shova ST Build

Chubba

can always go for a 120-150mm revelation.

Sorry ,.. that is what I meant and what I am running now

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pray tell my good man...

First owner had the bike for a while and it was stolen from his spot. He got a case number and the bike was paid out.

Somewhere down the line, the bike is sold to the second owner. All decals removed and new parts. He attends a race and the first owner recognizes the bike as his own, and approaches owner two. The second guy says he bought it legally and has no reason to return it. The case is reopened and the second owner decides he doesn’t want it any more and sells it to the third owner.

A legal case is instituted and after a long fight the second owner is cleared and as the first owner has been remunerated the frame gets cleared. From what I understand throughout the legal thing the frame was hanging up somewhere.

The third owner eventually gets the frame and soon realizes the bike is too heavy and decides to sell it. It’s been hanging around for the past year and is now mine.

First owner had the bike for a while and it was stolen from his spot. He got a case number and the bike was paid out.

Somewhere down the line, the bike is sold to the second owner. All decals removed and new parts. He attends a race and the first owner recognizes the bike as his own, and approaches owner two. The second guy says he bought it legally and has no reason to return it. The case is reopened and the second owner decides he doesn’t want it any more and sells it to the third owner.

A legal case is instituted and after a long fight the second owner is cleared and as the first owner has been remunerated the frame gets cleared. From what I understand throughout the legal thing the frame was hanging up somewhere.

The third owner eventually gets the frame and soon realizes the bike is too heavy and decides to sell it. It’s been hanging around for the past year and is now mine.

So what you are saying is that you are looking forward to riding this bike like it was stolen biggrin.gif

So what you are saying is that you are looking forward to riding this bike like it was stolen biggrin.gif

:lol: :lol: :clap:

I hope you got it for a steal ;)

Got confirmation from Morewood, they can do either red or blue.

What does everyone think? (i do have red hubs)

post-12790-0-24165500-1310069035.jpg

post-12790-0-96203500-1310069059.jpg

Edited by Chubba

Frame at Morewood, colour selected - it will be Candy Blue with White/Black decals.

I have managed to secure the following:

1. Fox RP23 shock - in the air as I type.

2. Full 2011 XT groupset - on my workbench.

3. Park Tool Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair

post-12790-0-28608100-1310387261.jpg

Still looking for a Revelation Fork - 120mm-150mm.

Edited by Chubba

Still looking for a Revelation Fork - 120mm-150mm.

I thought you found one?

This is going to look awesome!

I thought you found one?

This is going to look awesome!

I did, but i didn’t end up bidding as it was used, like we discussed to far not to know what you’re getting. Have found another new one in the states, that would have be sent to Canada to be sent to me, just need to get a quote from DHL to see if its worth the courier bill.

Edited by Chubba

Just a thought, that bottom swing FD won't work - it clashes with the swingarm. You'll need a top swing top pull.

Happy building, it's a great bike...

Just a thought, that bottom swing FD won't work - it clashes with the swingarm. You'll need a top swing top pull.

Happy building, it's a great bike...

The spec's I got from Morewood say either/or?

Thanks, frame is in paint at the moment and I am replacing all the pivots with the new SPI stuff.

If you need any ref pics of a built Shova drop me a mail as my bike resides behind my desk most days and I can snap one for you.

Word of note. When I built my frame up I got the frame at about 10pm ... I also got a cold batch of Heineken's to assist with the build. What I learnt was that you will have to remove the rear swing arm from the frame in order to get the brake and gear outers routed through .... do this first and not once everything else has been fitted rolleyes.gif

If you need any ref pics of a built Shova drop me a mail as my bike resides behind my desk most days and I can snap one for you.

Word of note. When I built my frame up I got the frame at about 10pm ... I also got a cold batch of Heineken's to assist with the build. What I learnt was that you will have to remove the rear swing arm from the frame in order to get the brake and gear outers routed through .... do this first and not once everything else has been fitted

How much does your Shova weigh?

Pictures would be awesome, ill PM you my email address.

13.6kg's the last time I checked ... we are talking SLX crank, 2005 vintage LX components with 2005 XT rear der, Bonti Rhythm Elite wheel set and constantly changing UST tyres, Husselfet h/bars, basic KCNC stem, Spacialized seatpost and a Scott generic saddle ... there is lots of room to save weight, but the bike works, so parts will be changed when they die a horrible death.

Fork, Revelation 120-150mm

H

Had a good parts day yesterday.

Received my new Fox RP23 shock and well as hearing I will be receiving my 2010 Revelation 120-150 Uturn fork in 3 weeks!

post-12790-0-33019900-1311232579.jpg

post-12790-0-42013000-1311233119.jpg