DIY - Morewood Shova ST Build

Chubba

*droool*

they did an awesome job indeed... I may send my morewoods off for some respray love later this year!

Very cool Chubba :thumbup:

Thanks Patches, well worth it.

New hanger, bolts, pivots....very impressed.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Kalula is sweet but a mini 1 of these...http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h7NFhzlqP1c/TeopJDltEwI/AAAAAAAAAEM/BzY3wdiGBVs/s400/Morewood+Makulu+frame.jpg

That Kalula is sweet but a mini 1 of these...http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h7NFhzlqP1c/TeopJDltEwI/AAAAAAAAAEM/BzY3wdiGBVs/s400/Morewood+Makulu+frame.jpg

It's an old Shova frame i had resprayed.

i see dat but i was responding to gummibear's post...soz 4got to quote

that new paint on ur Shova look siiiiick!

Need some advice with the cable routing:

There are three routings:

1. The central one being the widest routing that i will use for the rear brake, but the cable and housing is to thin and falls out. Could i thicken this area with tape to make it fit securely or is there another method? Do i need this?

post-12790-0-52750600-1312654419.jpg

2. The other 2 routings, for the derailleurs cables, have a wide end and a thinner end. The cable and housing does not feed through and i would like this to be continuous due to dust etc. What is the best solution for this? (I understand this is for semi-continuous cable routing into housing.)

post-12790-0-79175100-1312654439.jpg

post-12790-0-75454100-1312654498.jpg

Edited by Chubba

Build looking good ... can't wait for the first ride report!

There are a couple of housing solutions that will assist with preventing muck entering the cable housing, this will obviously never be as good as a full cable housing set up though.

In hindsight it would have been a good idea to ask the Morewood boys to have changed the housing setup .... that is if you really could not have lived with the semi-continuous setup.

And she has finally arrived, and what a beauty she is!

Morewood have done a spectacular job.

Chubba it looks fantastic boet. :thumbup:

How much did they charge you for the job? I've got the standard black Zula with a white fork and I was actually wondering the other day what they would charge to have the rear triangle sprayed white.

Update!!

1. Frame at Morewood for its beauty session, will call on Monday to get ETA -going Candy Blue

2. Got my new rear shock from a dude in Taiwan at a awesome price R1750 delivered.

3. Bought a new 2010 Revelation u-turn from ebay, sent to Canada and waiting for a family member to send my "Gift". Also got it at a good price R3250.00.

4. Might need to change my front derailleur as it is a bottom hang and after a few comments in the thread i think i need a top hang.

5. Need to get new handlebars, looking for 700mm

6. When CWC has stock will buy some new jagwire break cables and gear cables.

Have been reading and watching some vids on bike building and feel very uncomfortable attempting this, but will soldier along.

Got some nice pics from Hairy, of his bike, which will give me a good idea of what it should look like - build by picture.

Hey Chubs,

I got a quote from Revolution the other day for a set of 780mm BooBars. They are very reasonably priced, and that's what I'm going to put on my GT DHI... Might be worth going the extra 3" on the width to start, and then whittle down as you go on?

As for the routing, the only way to get fully continuous while using the same routing points is to file away at the closed end until it's the same size throughout. Not the best thing to do, especially when the frame has just been sprayed, I know... But unless you go around the mounting points and cable-tie the housings to the frame instead, that's the only way (that I know of) to get a fully continuous setup...

Chubba it looks fantastic boet. :thumbup:

How much did they charge you for the job? I've got the standard black Zula with a white fork and I was actually wondering the other day what they would charge to have the rear triangle sprayed white.

Thanks man. Full respray with the translucent blue colour (white would be cheaper), new bearings, collection and delivery came to around R1100.

Thanks man. Full respray with the translucent blue colour (white would be cheaper), new bearings, collection and delivery came to around R1100.

That's actually not too bad. How long did you wait for?

Hey Chubs,

I got a quote from Revolution the other day for a set of 780mm BooBars. They are very reasonably priced, and that's what I'm going to put on my GT DHI... Might be worth going the extra 3" on the width to start, and then whittle down as you go on?

As for the routing, the only way to get fully continuous while using the same routing points is to file away at the closed end until it's the same size throughout. Not the best thing to do, especially when the frame has just been sprayed, I know... But unless you go around the mounting points and cable-tie the housings to the frame instead, that's the only way (that I know of) to get a fully continuous setup...

Howzit Mayhem,

How much where they?

I figured that filing would be the only solution, so as you said, no point now that the frame has been resprayed.

Pretty simple to change the cables and housings, so when they feeling old ill just replace them.

Looking nice!

You should have gone for black, it is faster!

Don't be jealous!

I'll just have try stick closer behind the black Shova.

Few questions:

I have a semi integrated Ritchey headset with 2 bearings.

My question is which one is for the top headset and which one for the bottom headset, as they have the same diameter but are different thicknesses:

1. 41x30.15 / 45 x 45

2. 41.85 x 30.5 / 45 x 45

post-12790-0-95493300-1313180521.jpg

Where do i use the centre sleeve?

post-12790-0-13185600-1313180664.jpg

Edited by Chubba