Race Organisers - I Hate You!!!!

LukeV-2

A student can only get a job if they are studying something silly like a BA or something.

All students have student cards, one would just need to present that, and yes i have seen how the races are organised "from the other side" and i know that the rate can be cheaper.

I have no time for a student job, even in the holidays we get projects.

The times are changing.

Entering the Dusi, a 3 day canoe race from PMB to DBn, is only like R300 for students, if that, it is far more worthwhile and the price is justified. You get food, beer, powerade, t shirts, thousands of free samples, amazing girls to welcome you at the end and a prepared route like none other.

CSA has to wake up in life, and the race organisers.

You need to make peace with life.

Things dont always go the way you want it.

Your not always going to be a student so relax.

You will not be able to afford everything in live even after getting a job. Such is life.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to make peace with life.

Things dont always go the way you want it.

Your not always going to be a student so relax.

You will not be able to afford everything in live even after getting a job. Such is life.

Very well said :thumbup:

A student can only get a job if they are studying something silly like a BA or something.

All students have student cards, one would just need to present that, and yes i have seen how the races are organised "from the other side" and i know that the rate can be cheaper.

The times are changing.

Entering the Dusi, a 3 day canoe race from PMB to DBn, is only like R300 for students, if that, it is far more worthwhile and the price is justified. You get food, beer, powerade, t shirts, thousands of free samples, amazing girls to welcome you at the end and a prepared route like none other.

CSA has to wake up in life, and the race organisers.

What a load of bollocks, what are you studying that you can't get a part time job?

Some of my best mates that have studied as Architects and Mech Engineers at Varsity all had part-time jobs. Both probably being the two degrees that suck up all your free time.

keep on canoeing then , it sounds much more fun and much more excitement :thumbdown:

when you can afford to cycle take it up again

haha,tumbleweed, be honest, it was easy..

Carpet,

'

I know these things, i just dont feel the race fee's are justified.

Edited by Fruity

How is one supposed to enjoy riding when entrance fee's are so high, fair enough if you are working, but as a student there is no way i can afford your ridiculous prices.

In the canoeing world there is a special fee for students, less than half.

So, if i live in the East of Joburg and want to do a race, i have to drive atleast an hour each way to where ever the race might be, the whole race could end up costing me around R300 all in all, if not, MORE. Do you think student have that kind of money to throw away, i can go to groenkloof and ride to my hearts content and it will only cost me like R100 including travels, and the routes there are probably better than your race routes..

Someone please sort something out, i beleive you may be chasing riders away that might actually have true potential.

There is a greater thing here than just riding.

But sorry Fruity, if you cannot afford it, do not do it. Simple.

There will be other things that you want but cannot afford for most of your life. Will you also complain about those in the same manner?

Do what you can afford. Ride at Groenkoef. Save for races that you want to do and go and enjoy those. Ignore the rest. Life economics 101.

Things are easy where you have a decent head on your shoulders. :P

Carpet,

'

I know these things, i just dont feel the race fee's are justified.

and bike prices are to high, cars are to expensive, execs get paid to much, house's to high, bank fees to expensive, etc, etc, etc

as many would say on here, vote with your wallet.

if it costs to much - then either make a plan, or dont do it. Get 2 jobs if you have to. That australian dude, whats his name ? He has a funny saying ....

Very well said :thumbup:

Its just not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that Tall Boy now.Why must I wait till the end of the month till I can afford it Damn I hate people who don't have my problem

Only if studying something silly... huh? Why is that??

How do u have time to canoe and cycle? How many holidays do u get a year??

OH and what are you studying that is so important???

Its just not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that Tall Boy now.Why must I wait till the end of the month till I can afford it Damn I hate people who don't have my problem

post-1604-0-00781000-1310635268.jpg

My partner is a 'student', part time but she makes good money in her job, how can you determine a poor student from a rich one? A working one from a non working one?

You cant, you also cant determine a rich vs poor working person. However its a very valid point, student discounts are generally accepted.

the solution is simple cearus, every race has a registration where you have to go pickup your goodie bag and your race number, You simply wont get one issued if you dont have a valid student card.

Not quite rocket science :)

and bike prices are to high, cars are to expensive, execs get paid to much, house's to high, bank fees to expensive, etc, etc, etc

as many would say on here, vote with your wallet.

if it costs to much - then either make a plan, or dont do it. Get 2 jobs if you have to. That australian dude, whats his name ? He has a funny saying ....

cmon slow wheres the empathy lol, lets face it a lot of organizers are taking the micky out of us with their pricing. Take the knysa for example over R220 entry fee and then people get to the waterpoints and no water or food, and not that they had expenses cultivating new ST.

Theres about 20 gazzilion threads on the hub where working class people on the hub complain about the pricing on races. In some cases I am one of them.

If you are a student give them discount the sport is expensive enough without being ripped by race organizers.

Covie, same principle. I would love to do knynsa but I cant afford it. All the accom and transport etc etc etc.

I just dont enter. Its that simple. When they bring the price down cause they dont have enough entrants, then it might be worth it again - but untill then, dont enter (or earn more). Enjoying life to much at the moment to give up my free time to earn more.

You cant, you also cant determine a rich vs poor working person. However its a very valid point, student discounts are generally accepted.

the solution is simple cearus, every race has a registration where you have to go pickup your goodie bag and your race number, You simply wont get one issued if you dont have a valid student card.

Not quite rocket science :)

I understand it not being rocket science, but anyone can very easily get a student card. Therein lies an issue, how do you police that, next minute everyone is a "student" again.