Why dont pro cyclists wear compression socks?

gummibear

They help reduce the friction on your muscles during running - which means you dont get FUBAR sore after 25km's. Cycling action is smooth so there is no vibration. One's calves also tend to get very stiff late during a marathon.

Dont judge/comment on stuff you dont know.

PS:- The Kenyans run 30km's + a day on average so they dont need them. I only run 40km's once a year and that is in IM.

Compression socks work and thats the end of that.

Before commenting, please go buy a pair of ZOOT socks. Then run 30km's without them and a week later with them (or the other way around)

Then write a race report

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before commenting, please go buy a pair of ZOOT socks.

why specifically? you sell them?

Nope. They just work. Anatomic and Nike do not work. People buy them however because they are cheap, try them and then say these socks do not work.

I have tested these socks out thoroughly and can ensure you they work for RUNNING.

The Tri-Bitches wear them from the start of a race cause they are impossible to put on after 180km on a bike..... but they wear them only for the run part........

They do wear them but after hours, seen plenty of them while walking around the hotel etc....

Sounds like the UCI are really a bunch of nit pickers, saddles have to be flat and no compression garments..... But Bertus is oiraait.... :D

Tri-idiot?

Jeeze............ thats a bit harsh.....

The Tri-Bitches....

Um, er, um. Ag nevermind.........

There is a lot of people on these forums who have nothing better to do then state the obvious in terms of grammer errors or **** like the above since they dont know sarcasm etc.

Then there are also a lot of people who like to comment on stuff they clearly dont know anything about. This morning some guy said that wetsuits dont keep you warm in cold water for example and now on this topic about compression socks everyone seems to know the science behind it etc. WTF does people who dont run or do IM know anything about this in anycase?

Blah blah blah..........

There is a lot of people on these forums who have nothing better to do then state the obvious in terms of grammer errors or **** like the above since they dont know sarcasm etc.

Then there are also a lot of people who like to comment on stuff they clearly dont know anything about. This morning some guy said that wetsuits dont keep you warm in cold water for example and now on this topic about compression socks everyone seems to know the science behind it etc. WTF does people who dont run or do IM know anything about this in anycase?

Blah blah blah..........

If they are so great - why do non of the top pro's use 'em...

top 15 guys from Kona last year - note: NO Compression sucks - ooops I mean socks:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/The_bikes_of_the_top_15_men_in_Kona_2010_1759.html

And a certain world record in IM Austria this year... eeeeerm - you guessed it, compression-sock-less

;)

Blah blah blah..........

Dude relax, the whole world are experts.... There are those who have been there and got the tshirt, those that will get the tshirt one day and then those that have Google.....

MariusL

If I could train 8 hours a day then I will also not need them. The pros train so much that their mucles are quite use to the strain of triathlon etc. Your body gets used to certain levels of punishment.

Unfortunately I do take strain when I run further than 30km's (which I very seldom). They work for me. Normally my calves gets very sore from 15km's onwards. Not with these socks.

PS:- And a week after the Austria world record, another new world record in Roth named Andreas Releart also without socks.

I am alos sure if you look at the comrades field that the top 1.000 will not wear socks.

But look at the average to weaker athlete and you will see 1 out of 5 wore these socks.....

MariusL

If I could train 8 hours a day then I will also not need them. The pros train so much that their mucles are quite use to the strain of triathlon etc. Your body gets used to certain levels of punishment.

Unfortunately I do take strain when I run further than 30km's (which I very seldom). They work for me. Normally my calves gets very sore from 15km's onwards. Not with these socks.

PS:- And a week after the Austria world record, another new world record in Roth named Andreas Releart also without socks.

I am alos sure if you look at the comrades field that the top 1.000 will not wear socks.

But look at the average to weaker athlete and you will see 1 out of 5 wore these socks.....

:thumbup: some okes just buy them thinking it's gona mysteriously make them an hour faster as well... just saying. If it works for you - awesome :)

Haha, no, they dont make you faster. They just make you less sore so one can run again sooner. I am sure if you google something like "vibration on muscles whilst running in youtube" you will get some quite interesting footage. (my youtube is blocked at work)

You will not believe the amount of vibration that goes onto your muscles every single step when jogging. They showed it on the Kona world champs last year in slow motion on ESPN. Incredible....