Why dont pro cyclists wear compression socks?

gummibear

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_T6CniVgpJao/RrXRdZ9aZhI/AAAAAAAAA7Q/uBA4tqKJwcY/s320/marc%2Bbike.JPG

Need I elaborate? :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS I wear Compression socks and Compression Tights - but not during sport. I don't run.

Because I suck at running I have self-justified this as Evolution. Running is so pre-industrial revolution... Once man has evolved enough they can master the art of tools and bicycles.

Got the socks ,now if I can just find a cycling shirt and shorts that resembles a safari suit.....

There is a lot of people on these forums who have nothing better to do then state the obvious in terms of grammer errors or **** like the above since they dont know sarcasm etc.

Then there are also a lot of people who like to comment on stuff they clearly dont know anything about. This morning some guy said that wetsuits dont keep you warm in cold water for example and now on this topic about compression socks everyone seems to know the science behind it etc. WTF does people who dont run or do IM know anything about this in anycase?

Blah blah blah..........

Shows how much you actually know: wetsuits don't keep you warm. Peeing in them does.

Let me also try the google approach that most of you armchair experts use.......

Nothing wrong with the Google approach. Combined with the Pubmed, Compendex, journal etc. searches and some filtering it forms the basis for most surveys of current literature.

You will not believe the amount of vibration that goes onto your muscles every single step when jogging. They showed it on the Kona world champs last year in slow motion on ESPN. Incredible....

The trick is to tie that vibration to a loss of performance or else link removal of vibration to an improvement in performance. Anecdotes and thought experiments provide an indication of possible fruitful areas for research and can guide experimental design. They do not constitute sound scientific evidence.

Shows how much you actually know: wetsuits don't keep you warm. Peeing in them does.

Also an effective technique to stop your friends from asking if they can borrow it....

Back to the OP question, I've tried them for recovery purposes (post event) and tbh not convinced that they make any difference....

Also an effective technique to stop your friends from asking if they can borrow it....

Back to the OP question, I've tried them for recovery purposes (post event) and tbh not convinced that they make any difference....

Also why no one wanted to borrow my canoe after Leppin Iron Man in the 90's :(

PS I wear Compression socks and Compression Tights - but not during sport. I don't run.

Because I suck at running I have self-justified this as Evolution. Running is so pre-industrial revolution... Once man has evolved enough they can master the art of tools and bicycles.

so why are you on the hub then... shouldn't you be driving around in your post-industrial revolution car instead of cycling around on a primitive self propelled machine?

any guy doing any form of sport is better than somebody that doesn't do anything IMO, whatever sport that may be. (except body building, that **** is just weird)

so why are you on the hub then... shouldn't you be driving around in your post-industrial revolution car instead of cycling around on a primitive self propelled machine?

any guy doing any form of sport is better than somebody that doesn't do anything IMO, whatever sport that may be. (except body building, that **** is just weird)

What did you not understand about my tongue in cheek self mockery?

I have also evolved beyond the car, I an now digital cycling on the hub, at which I have turned pro, and no longer require the use of primitive cars as I order everything I need to sustain my earthly frame online.

How many people ran Comrades this year,there were very few people that were in compression socks.Surely that's where you would need them.

My calves were sore for a week after Comrades and i am pretty sure that compression socks would not have made a big difference.