My Fixie Project

davetapson

Nearly done. Still need to paint the nut caps in the cranks, touch up the headset. Welded up the freewheel but overdid it and weld ran down in to the socket that fixes to the wheel - have to clean that out with some form of dremel grinding bit. And get a longer seat post.

But not looking too shabby. Will need to get a more appropriate rear cog as well - currently running 44 x 16 - which is cool for the flat.

Also need to decide whether to go with toe clips (nice for wearing normal shoes / tekkies, not so lekker for unclipping when you are used to clipless pedals) or going for a set of Crank Bro's Candys (not so lekker for riding with tekkies).

post-1995-0-90398600-1322562022.jpg

post-1995-0-11598700-1322562042.png

Edited by davetapson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the gear ratio chart earlier in this thread I see that 44 x 16 gives 74 - which is probably ok. Only 4 skid patches tho', although there is no danger of skidding just at the moment. I have a 15 tooth cog that gives 15 skid patches, but runs at just under 80 (gear inches? Not going to go back and look because then I'll lose all this typing...) which may be a bit heavy for my commute.

• 8 months later...

Ok, so it's been a while. Bought some blue Candy's to go on the fixie. Yeh, I know. But my shoes have candy cleats and I'm not changing pedal type for a road bike....

Looks awesome Dave. Nice to see the result. I'm kinda sad that I sold her, but I'm stoked she's found a good home!