My Fixie Project

davetapson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, one and a half coats of primer later. Ran out half way through the second coat. Went down to BW to get another can and of course they were sold out of black primer. Had to go to another BW and of course that took > 1 hr. And with Rustoleum, you can recoat within the hour - or you need to wait 24hrs. $£%"$!!

Anyway, is looking pretty good already. Almost looks like it doesn't need the top coat.

Have had some graphics made up that should finish it off nicely...

Frame:

post-1995-0-61815700-1313858085.jpg

Headset:

post-1995-0-53378100-1313858139.jpg

Toptube:

post-1995-0-32055100-1313858244.jpg

And one warm hansa to the person who can find the one small FAIL I noticed when spray painting and can't be bothered to sort out. For now, anyway.

If you turn the old handlebar upside down and saw them of just after it start to bent you have a custom bull bar.

post-5177-0-64657500-1313864300.jpg

Edited by Breezer

Guest agteros

NO brakes, it is a fixie (ok, MAYBE a front brake)

Tensioner / drop outs not it

Good question about the fork... Maybe another colour?

So I'd go with the obsolete cable guide on rear chain stay :)

And one warm hansa to the person who can find the one small FAIL I noticed when spray painting and can't be bothered to sort out. For now, anyway.

you still have your headset cups on

So I'd go with the obsolete cable guide on rear chain stay :)

That's it.

Your prize is redeemable at Grapes, Friday afternoon... I'll tell them to leave one out the fridge.. ;-)

Guest agteros

post-16982-0-48862100-1313863008.jpg

That's it.

Your prize is redeemable at Grapes, Friday afternoon... I'll tell them to leave one out the fridge.. ;-)

Rather transfer it to eggsovereasywithteandtoast as he actually spotted it thumbup1.gif

Rather transfer it to eggsovereasywithteandtoast as he actually spotted it thumbup1.gif

Well, eggs just used the shot gun approach. The thought process should have been 'why the hell go to all the hassle of cutting the gear-shift mountings off and then leave the rear derailleur cable retainer on!?'.

But no sweat, he's welcome to join us... :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Dave. Don't want to hijack your topic, just wanted to show you my project, completed. Recently took off the front brake, got used to leg speed control and skidding. Have fun...I actually enjoyed building it more than riding it, HAHAha.

Before and after photos:

post-21620-0-04522200-1316597551.jpg

post-21620-0-15451400-1316597566.jpg

post-21620-0-12570400-1316597585.jpg