Behaviour of some of the 'top cyclists'

Hardegat

it wasn't Shan. so what if he threw his toys, they clearly put it in the edit as it was topical.

I found the coverage rather boring actually, didn't appear that the racing at the front end was that competitive compared to other events. they did some of the most awesome trails and all you see is fireroad after fireroad. put some headcams on the midpackers and get some action.

Good to hear as he is a real pro..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he actually do wrong? He got emotional, maybe too emotional in front a his wife & child. Personally I think other sportsmen are far worse in their behaviour.

Edited by Caerus

I thought it was quite funny, especially when someone tried to hand him a geax tyre and he "jaaged" away on his rim, what a hoot :D

Pffft...these so called "pro's" never learn. Ride a slightly heavier tyre and you won't have to finish on your rim. But "oh no!", that saving of 200 grams is gonna make me win the race... ah crap, they did actually win the race... my bad...

Thanks duly noted ;) ... No problem at all really, moved on long ago. As could be seen by my later reply.

Not that I need to justify anything to you either, see. No seriously really like.

No you don't. Thanks for clearing that one up DND

I did the Waterberg MTB race on Sunday, which turned out to be a nightmare of a race - for me anyway, or so I felt. So I dropped a few words during the race, which afterwards was quite silly of me. But in the heat of the race, I had to vent my frustration. Was even wearing my company's kit!! And to top it all, i wasn't even going to win the event!!

We are humans, not machines, and many times our behaviour will let us down...

Cut the oke a bit of slack!!

It's really lame that he threw his toys out of the cot like that. It's really bad sportsmanship. He should have dignity and restraint. He should have respect for those around him. He wanted to get a reaction like he used to get when mommy wouldn't give him another cupcake. All he did was look like a big fool.

Nothing to stop him getting home and throwing the tantrum, but then he'd have not got a reaction.

All this said, the sponsor benefitted either way. ALL publicity is good publicity, so SCORE!!!

Bwaaaahahahahaha!

grb285 using words like restraint, dignity and respect for others around you! Boet, you is flipping funny!

You are a pro ne? So you know what it's like mos!

I didn't see it, but it's excellent that he's able to express himself. Most South Africans are far too demure and reserved (with the exception of the Hub, but the Hub is always the exception, and the exception proves the rule, if you see what I mean.)

Also, the little girl has learned a valuable lesson: it is better to lie on the ground and kick your heels than to smash the ground with your fist, which sounds very eina.

The sponsors should be pleased. They earned good airtime. It is better to be talked about than not talked about at all.

And last, the dog is happy because he didn't come home and kick it.

That wasn't a tantrum..... i'll get my 4 year old to show him how to throw a tantrum!!!!! jokes aside, that wasnt cool, and i bet he's liking his wounds now...

BTW.... hasnt the lighter wheel/tire is faster theory been disproved anyway??

Sure if your wheels were concrete, but rubber vs rubber and ally vs carbon... for the grams in it they have proved there cannot be any human noticeable difference????? dont quote me... just do some googling!!!!

Mind you, by the same token just as *** to come onto a forum and make an open ended first post with a few personal digs to boot. Under a pseudonym nogal. :thumbdown:

I made lots of silly mistakes when I first joined The Hub. It was the first time I was using an alias when giving my opinion and it took me a bit of time to realize that there is etiquette involved when posting on an internet forum. Give Hardegat a break!

I didn't see it, but it's excellent that he's able to express himself. Most South Africans are far too demure and reserved (with the exception of the Hub, but the Hub is always the exception, and the exception proves the rule, if you see what I mean.)

Also, the little girl has learned a valuable lesson: it is better to lie on the ground and kick your heels than to smash the ground with your fist, which sounds very eina.

The sponsors should be pleased. They earned good airtime. It is better to be talked about than not talked about at all.

The whole "I don't care what you say about me as long as you spell my name right…" thing!

He slapped the ground, there was no punching.

I made lots of silly mistakes when I first joined The Hub. It was the first time I was using an alias when giving my opinion and it took me a bit of time to realize that there is etiquette involved when posting on an internet forum. Give Hardegat a break!

They made peace the two of them :thumbup: