Bains mtb Trails - Wellington.

The Search

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the white trail be open on Saturday, and would it be advisable/allowable to ride it after the rain forecast for Thursday and Friday?

White route will be open. The rain is falling lekker. Most of the route drains well. There will be some muddy patches. Enduro will happen on Black route.

White route will be open. The rain is falling lekker. Most of the route drains well. There will be some muddy patches. Enduro will happen on Black route.

Are there shower facilities available there? Would like to come ride there next weekend, but need to be squeaky clean afterwards for a visit with friends in the area.

Why is Kimberley so far away????????????? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I'll take some nice pics on Saturday and post here if that'll help.

I'll take some nice pics on Saturday and post here if that'll help.

Well, I'll maybe put some more angry faces next to my previous comment (making me more jealous)!

• 3 weeks later...

Planning on going to the trails on Saturday. I did the white route loooong ago, so I suppose the black route is the way to go? What is the total ascent? Thanks

If anybody rides the trails today or tomorrow please give me some feedback on the conditions after the heavy rains. Thanks

We hit the trails at 8am Saturday morning and managed to finish most of the black route before the Dirty Double.

I saw there were 3 Enduro sections(on strava) so was keen to pust some times. I had a couple of close calls but all in all a magic experiance. Well worth the drive. Those steep switchbacks on the desend @ about 7km...oh my.. And the last wownhill below the pass.. that thing was so fast!

Thanks for the recomendations.

• 1 month later...

Archived