32GI

ridr

@Diabetics,

Guys any feedback will be greatly appreciated, we are working closely with the diabetic community. Before during and after session we have had a lot of the diabetics finger prick testing and giving us the feedback.

So this is what we have seen:

1. Blood sugar rise is not high at all, but it is kept stable for a long period of time.

2. Diabetics that were using insulin with sugar based products, never needed to shoot with 32Gi, in actual fact there was no need at all. Shooting actually caused 1 of our customers to go hypoglycemic, but the next session he went 3 hours without any need and felt great.

Let us know how it goes, we are thinking of providing a little sachet to add a slightly higher GI effect to the drink should u want it later on, will keep u posted on this though.

all the best

M

Hi MDW,

I don't use any insulin while riding. Only the basal (I take the bolus before my breakfast, and then only again for lunch). My sugar levels (I measure it while I'm riding) will remain relatively level when using GI32 (no spikes like when I used to use other stuff). Normally I start at a 8-11, then drops to 6-7, and will end around 4-5. This will be on 2-3hr rides.

On the longer or more energy sapping rides, I find my sugar falls a bit too fast for my liking. I'd like the first bottle to be as normal GI32, but when I mix a second bottle (at approx 2-3hr) will want a higher GI level - so I'd like the little sachet you are talking about. Let us know when it will be available for testing.

I've never used the jelly babies you also manufacture. Maybe if I use that, it will help? WHat's your comments and thoughts?

Regards

Koot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Koot thanks for that much appreciated, our chews will definitely give u more of a kick as we have added some sucrose to it and it will still taper nicely the sachets will be an equivalent of our chews, give them a try it should definitely help increase the levels to the appropriate level u r looking for without too much of a spike please give me the feedback I will get some sample sachets with various degrees of GI factor to add to the drink and you can let me know how it goes please send me your contact details to mark@32gi.com all the best M

Hi MDW,

I don't use any insulin while riding. Only the basal (I take the bolus before my breakfast, and then only again for lunch). My sugar levels (I measure it while I'm riding) will remain relatively level when using GI32 (no spikes like when I used to use other stuff). Normally I start at a 8-11, then drops to 6-7, and will end around 4-5. This will be on 2-3hr rides.

On the longer or more energy sapping rides, I find my sugar falls a bit too fast for my liking. I'd like the first bottle to be as normal GI32, but when I mix a second bottle (at approx 2-3hr) will want a higher GI level - so I'd like the little sachet you are talking about. Let us know when it will be available for testing.

I've never used the jelly babies you also manufacture. Maybe if I use that, it will help? WHat's your comments and thoughts?

Regards

Koot

Do you actually do a blood (finger prick) test while you're riding, or do you have a Continuous Glucose Monitor? If the former, my guess is you have to stop?

I have been reading a few threads on this subject but there is so many conflicting views and ways of using it that I am confused.

I usually ride with Cytomax and GU's. I decided to try G32 with GU and had an uneventful ride as it was not too hard or long but I would not say that either product was better than the other.

I then read that you don't use GU with 32!! I tried this and I felt very flat throughout the ride.

I also read that you only take GU the last hour with 32. I tried this and nothing kicked in!!

Yesterday I went back to Cyto and GU and felt great throughout the 3 hour ride!!

In mitigation, when I used 32 I also had Future Life as a pre-ride meal whereas when I use Cyto -I use my tried and tested Low GI toast with Peanut butter and honey.

It appears obvious that Cyto is the way to go for me but I am always willing to try new things and perhaps if I used 32 in the right way it could be of greater benefit to me?

I agree use what works for you.

Always good to try something else, in case it's better, if not go back to what works for you !!!

Each person is different I guess. I recently began using 32GI (for running) and it works great! I have Future Life for breakfast, drink my 32GI about 30 - 40 minutes before my run/ race and I have never felt better!

On Saturday I ran a PB 10km averaging around 4min/k for the last 4 km's and I felt great after.

I use 32GI with peptopro and definatly works for me, even felt stronger as the ride went on :) Inormally quite skeptical about things, but it does work ;)

How can you guys eat Future Life? Never having tried wet cardboard it is hard to make a direct comparison, but thats what it must taste like! Any tips for improving the taste...hot or cold?

Sorry little hijack here...

I was very grumpy after K2C cos I actually got to a stage where I was totally dizzy on the bike, and really was unimpressed. After "MDW" wrote back with a pretty detailed response I thought I'd give it some more time.

I have been trying it since and it seems to keep you nice and stable in the energy dept. And like the one reply above said, it's a damn side tastier and less sticky than most other stuff I've tried. GU's just don't seem to work for me, and make me feel quite ill cos they are so sweet.

Each to his or her own! :)

Yea I am also confused about this stuff....

Got 3x 50g samples all different flavors.

First off there are no instructions or directions as how to use these.

Chucked the whole 50g pack into a 750ml bottle.

As far a I understand there are no sugars in these, then why the hell is this stuff so sweeeet?

Artificial sweeteners? Arent these bad for you?

I did not expect this to be a magical drug and to be honest I could not feel anything different.

My diet and fitness is pretty good. So I didnt really expect any improvements here.

I have been using cytomax for ages and the stuff works for me and is the best tasting thing I can find.

32GI does not work for me. It makes me feel terrible. Tried it on 4 occasions and eventually gave it away. Vitargo works well for me. Used Cytomax for around 1.5 years but got sick and tired of it. Vitargo going strong for more than a year now.

I used Cytopower for a couple of years, initially it worked well but the manufacturer changed the formula a couple of times until it became useless, the American word FUBAR comes to mind.

I have been using 32GI for awhile now, have been very satisfied with it, recently converted my wife to it and her feedback is that it works well, energy throughout the ride.

We have oats for breakfast sweetened with Canderel powerder, use 32GI and supplement it with a nougat bar while we ride.

Archived