32GI

ridr

If you have no fuel strategy pop in at the expo for a chat I will give u some solid advice, the chews will be good to fuel on if you are no lt used to the drink but pop in we can talk :-)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have no fuel strategy pop in at the expo for a chat I will give u some solid advice, the chews will be good to fuel on if you are no lt used to the drink but pop in we can talk :-)

Cool...I have been trying to go it with water on races, with predictable outcome :blush:

I will find you there. I will be the one with the red rose in my ear :thumbup:

If

You have been trying to race on water then I can definitely

Sort you out LOL

Guys go chat to MDW , He has a wealth of info and is very helpful , his advise is solid and tested by himself :) I wont be down in C.T. :( But will give MDW a call after :)

Good luck all , and listen to what MDW says :)

If

You have been trying to race on water then I can definitely

Sort you out LOL

Hey Mark,hows it going?

Man ever since i changed to your product i have just gone from strength to strength!!!

Was also great to see your product involved in race sponsorships, did the Clarens MTB 2 weeks ago, man o man was i thankfull for those stations along the route...

When are you guys bringing out some branded shirts??

Chat soon....

I have a 32Gi question.

I have been using 32Gi for some time and have always been extremely impressed. I have mostly done half marathons up until now.

I have heard on different occasions of people who got cramps from using 32Gi (though I guess its difficult to pin it to just one thing). I have never gotten cramps before, so I thought that I'm okay with the product, and am a lucky cramp free hubber.

I did the marathon at Sabie, last weekend, and carbo loaded with 32Gi at 1.5L per day, two days ahead of the event (as per their recommendation). I also drank my usual 500ml 30 mins before the event, plus I had my usual one bottle in the event (I carry plain water in by Camebak).

On 35km I started cramping like I have never before in my life. At 50km I was cramping so much I struggled to stand or sit.

Could that have been caused by the 1.5L per day for two days before the event? Nothing else, except the distance, was different.

Cramping is only caused by undertrained muscles or diluted electrolytic levels 32Gi is isotonic it won't cause cramping. Drinking too much water or not training at the appropriate intensity for duration is a cramp causer

My 2c to add to that - or different style of training. Your muscles aren't firing the same as they're used to.

I got horrendous cramping when I upped my cadence (on road). Once my muscles was used to it, no issues. This past winter I did a lot of mtb riding, having spent the summer on the injury list. Lo and behold, even thou I was fit, I started cramping as soon as I got back on the road bike and cadence upped for the first couple of rides. Fine since.

I am actually very glad to hear this. I really swore by 32Gi, but got a serious knock after the weekend. I have to add that not only was this my longest ride, but also my toughest yet.

Cool, I'll train harder, with my 32Gi.

Cheers

Edited by zaShadow

The chews are very different from the drink, as they have more of a kick :-), GI is nearly double that of the drink, well a little less than double more of a ripened banana level 50+ or so. It also has some fast release carbs such as pure glucose mixed with our slow release carb. So it will provide a faster release and sustain. 1 packet of chews = 3-4 gels, equivalent energy time.

later

Me

The Chews work very well for me! I find the packaging/size/format/taste just fine. For the Argus i will use 2 x chews up to Capri (80km; #9) and then switch to GU's and jelly babies. 32GI drink does not work so well for me; during a race i use water. Pre race days i only use low gi foods, etc.

Good products!

anyone know how much they selling the tubs at the argus expo?

is it cheaper than R230??