32GI

ridr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BODYANDBIKE is now the first shop in the Western Cape stocked with the new ACCELERATE product by 32GI

R225

021 910 2840

Cool!!

Your nearest current stockist should be stocking the product, if not ask them to please order and we will send it.

I reside in Cpt, been to Dischem Canal Walk and Cavendish as well as Sportmans Warehouse, Rondebosch and Canal Walk.

NO STOCK!!!!

They havent received the stock NOR have they heard about it!! :thumbdown:

Can't help mentioning - that we manage to still sell lower than DISCHEM prices, and we stock all flavours (including NEUTRAL), as well as all the CHEWS. And now ACCELERATE too.

X-man: mail me at rust@iafrica.com and i will try and find a way to get some stock to you if it is difficult for you to get to us. We are in the Northern Suburbs.

EDIT: please note that we do not accept debit or credit card transactions, allow on the spot EFT's and cash

Edited by Ronelle

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried this?

is it any different to the original drink.

im wanting to use it at Terra Firma on Saturday

Has anyone tried this?

From MDW:

Its been launched, 32G's new addition to the range, "Accelerate",

Attached Image: monthly_11_2011/post-16340-0-67561800-1320393261.jpg

Following the success of 32Gi’s low GI Endurance energy product, we are proud to launch 32Gi’s ACCELERATE.

ACCELERATE has been specifically designed for high intensity training and racing, where the muscles need a faster take up of glucose. It does not replace the current range of products, but rather compliments it. Accelerate has been formulated and tested in conjunction with professional athletes from a variety of sports (over 130 athletes have been utilized for product testing).

ACCELERATE utilizes a 4 stage energy releasing system which provides an instant energy feed to the muscles while still providing the much needed stability that 32Gi has become so well known for delivering.

ACCELERATE can be used in conjunction with the current low GI Endurance energy drink as a second bottle for when the higher intensity periods of a race require the faster feed. Providing close to 300 calories of carbohydrates with the much needed electrolytes Accelerate is highly suitable for the serious athlete.

ACCELERATE:

• Provides fast, balanced and sustained long lasting energy (up to 2 hours per serving).

• Contains complex carbohydrates.

• Is isotonic so you get the electrolytes you need to remain hydrated.

• Is an excellent source for glycogen replenishment after an event.

• Has an excellent gastric emptying rate, i.e. easy on the digestive system.

• Has no unnecessary or unsafe additives

• Can be premixed or frozen before an event

Has anyone tried this?

Hi there

It is very different from the original drink, the 32Gi Endurance (original) is an energy level stabilizer, it does not spike and dip it has a constant release of glucose and the insulin spike is low enough to allow you to still tap your fat stores, each serving releases for a minimum of 2 hours and more.

Accelerate is a high intensity race drink, it release extremely quickly is high GI and causes a spike, the big difference though with Accelerate is we prevent a dip, by using a specific combination of variable carbs which are stage releasing and it causes a slow taper over 2 hours. It has an excellent gastric emptying rate and works very well. I have done many months of testing with it myself and our pro athletes, in a long event it could be used as a second bottle or last bottle when you need a higher feed. Each serving is close on 300calories, which is a large feed. Some use it on its own or in conjunction with Endurance, starting off with the one and switching to the other. Another noticeable attribute is the taste, its flavoured to 400ml's so perfect taste would be a serving to around 600ml bottle, if its 750ml it will be a little more bland but you can increase the serving size to deal with this. The reason was do this is because the pallet becomes highly sensitized at high intensities and the last thing you would want would be taste that sticks and makes you feel more thirsty. Its a really well designed drink, and it does not go off, it can be pre-mixed, frozen and left over can be returned to the fridge for the next session:-).

all the best

M

Has anyone tried this?

We were given a tub of the rasberry flavour to try out. On Sunday we did a 3 hour hilly ride on our road bikes. I mixed the indicated quantity (3 scoops)into a normal waterbottle and we did the ride on one bottle each.

The flavour is very pleasant (similiar to Kool Aid)and we did not bonk,feel tired or have any stomach problems

I did not feel any better or worse than I normally feel after this same ride using my normal energy drink ( a different brand).

Sounds good, but doff ous like me need a do this do that instruction. I currently use 32gii for all rides, training and racing. Most races are high intensity for anywhere from 2 to 3 hrs, and sometimes longer in events like sani when pushing it. So must I use the original or the new one?

M

Edited by Benjamin

So please advise how to use and how much, as terra firma will take me about 7hrs to complete

Do I start using it from the start?

Sounds good, but doff ous like me need a do this do that instruction. I currently use 32gii for all rides, training and racing. Most races are high intensity for anywhere from 2 to 3 hrs, and sometimes longer in events like sani when pushing it. So must I use the original or the new one?

M

Everyone will have different requirements as we are all unique and u should find what works best. I find starting with Endurance and switching to accelerate works very well for me, as one assist with stability and pre-load and the other gives me a quicker and bigger feed when I need it. Some people have remained with Endurance, some use both and some have switched, its all a matter of personal preference. For training though I stick with Endurance, I want to be come more efficient at using my own energy stores and not so dependent on glucose. When it comes to long 4-5 hours sessions I mix.

Hope this helps all the best M

I used it this morning in my 2nd bottle. I could really feel it work as the pace picked up in the latter part of our ride. Does not taste as nice as the endurance drink (Lime) though. So, yes I can recommend it.thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Edited by LOOK695

I used it this morning in my 2nd bottle. I could really feel it work as the pace picked up in the latter part of our ride. Does not taste as nice as the endurance drink (Lime) though. So, yes I can recommend it.thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Just so you are aware the taste is blended for 400ml, the reason we do this is so that its not overly sweet where as the Endurance is blended to 550ml's if you place the Accelerate in a 600ml bottle you will enjoy the taste, you can always place an additional scoop if you are using 750ml's. Most athletes performing at a high intensity hate the sweet taste when the pallet becomes sensitized so we toned it down on purpose :-)

all the best

M

MDW, can you give me a comparrison on Accelarate vs. USN Sprint Pro? They are both pitched as "2nd half" drinks.

I recently tried the Sprint Pro and it's very effective. I can't say for sure on many supplements, but this is a good one. That being said, it tastes like dog p1ss and so I still am open to alternatives :)

MDW. I've recently moved to Endurance and find it fantastic. However, as a Type I diabetic, I find that after about 90 - 120 minutes of intense exercise, it doesn't give me enough glucose to prevent a hypo.

So I assume one of two options, or a combination of:

1. Reduce basal insulin regime 1 day before a long ride/event

2. Use Accelerate for the second bottle

Correct?

And what about events where I'm going to be on the bike for 3 or more hours?