Joburg Triathlon

Rolling Thunder

Definately wetsuit legal..... spoke to the race organisers and they virtually guaranteed it. Even if the water is too warm they should still make it wetsuit legal just to protect us from all the shiiit in the water!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek sien daar kom groot reens Saterdag...... So nou gaan al die **** weer in die dam inspoel en Sondag is die water weer te vuil?

Ek sien daar kom groot reens Saterdag...... So nou gaan al die **** weer in die dam inspoel en Sondag is die water weer te vuil?

gaan erg die mur in wees as hulle die swem cancel! veral na al die beloftes van skoon water...

Every year the weather at Germiston is cr*p... I can't remember that there ever was a day without wind, rain or mist... its like freakin Capetown.

Sat Numerous showers. Afternoon clouds. Mild. 26°C 13°C 22km/h NE 68% 26°C Minimal 11mm 94% Sun Numerous showers. Morning clouds. Mild. 24°C 13°C 19km/h NE 79% 25°C Minimal 9mm 77%

it just got worse

Also I think it is great that they have a 35plus cat (not that I will be able to compete now) ...hate it when they enter us into the elite cat at the triathlons and duathlons.

Why not just always have a 30 plus cat, you don't have to have big prize money...just let us compete in our own age cat.

And the 30plus guys that still want to compete elite just enter as open...

i know its off this topic but does the Energade Triathlon at The Islands Estate (Harties) still use the Harties Dam water or is it a seperate lake/dam system ?

I'm not really one to complain about goodie bags but but wtf is up with the Joburg Tri "goodie" bags. I expected something special after the promotional material highlighting how cool these will be with content worth over R800.... and whats with that "technical running shirt" (aka vest) :thumbdown:

Lets hope the race is better and lives up to the expectations created.

I'm not really one to complain about goodie bags but but wtf is up with the Joburg Tri "goodie" bags. I expected something special after the promotional material highlighting how cool these will be with content worth over R800.... and whats with that "technical running shirt" (aka vest) :thumbdown:

Lets hope the race is better and lives up to the expectations created.

According to the website:

"Your Goodie Bag includes:

Troisports Discount Vouchers

Technical Running Vest

CompresSport Discount Vouchers

Cebe Discount Vouchers

Suunto Discount Vouchers

Primi Piatti Discount Vouchers

32Gi product

Triathlon Plus issue

Plus much more"

so whats really in the bag?

Seeing i'm in a when we and the good ole days mood....

Did I ever mention the time when me and a mate were canoeing at VLC (Germiston Lake) and came across a fisherman struggling with his catch

post-182-0-44078000-1316686088.jpg