Sit back and have a good........

Skye

Homer' date=' I think the volunteer thing sounds like "you stand with a flag".

Maybe if the IDEE is explained that we investigate to get Racing Marchell, not volunteers.

[/quote']

Popeye,

This is what was in the e-mail (November 14)

CYCLING MARSHALS NEEDED

We are looking for cycling marshals to assist at funrides. In particular, we need cycling marshals with a seeding of D to L, who often ride the longer routes. Contact the PPA office if you are keen.

But I applaud your willingness to help out.  I wish more riders would want to follow your example.  We need riders to be there, ride with the groups, help keep the ride safe (and also to assist when there is an emergency)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spidey, so you stand for (at least) double the current entry fee to cover the cost of traffic officers

thats if the traffic dept. agree to do that.

Let me tell you, the traffic departments in not in favour or dont even considder closing the roads. and the PPA or orginizers can do nothing about it

pantani' date='   figure of speech, don't think so.

A manual or rule book is an external driver of behaviour where as acting out of respect for self and others is an internal driver.  Beeeeeg dif.
[/quote']

I had used it as a figure of speech... Point taken and I acknowledge the difference.

Ok, Homer sorry, I'm in C, so or I ignored it or did not pay a lot of attention.

Put me on for the C bunch and tell me what next step.

And please think about a ID type of thingy to allow me to ride in my own kit. (or get a new designer for PPA kit) :-)

What about a type of stick on thingy on the back of my short, everybody will see that (as long as I dont sit stone last in the group)

Homer:

"also to assist when there is an emergency", like when a cyclist ignore the white line and got knocked over... I'm sorry, but I will not help that guy. He was looking for it, so he can help himself.

My knowledge of medical assistance is "kissing" a girl when she needs some air, but I'n for sure not going to kiss Hagar with that snor.

smiley2.gif popeye2007-12-04 01:20:01

I was the only one that did not follow the wheel infront of me when we hit Helz, I refuse to ride on the wrong side of the road. I again stayed on the right side when every one f**ked into the wrong lane, I mean come the ****on, it was not that hard to ride without a wheel in the VA Bunch.

That said, I think if I was riding with the Elites it might have been a differant storyWink

Homer' date=' I think the volunteer thing sounds like "you stand with a flag".

Maybe if the IDEE is explained that we investigate to get Racing Marchell, not volunteers.

[/quote']

Popeye,

This is what was in the e-mail (November 14)

CYCLING MARSHALS NEEDED

We are looking for cycling marshals to assist at funrides. In particular, we need cycling marshals with a seeding of D to L, who often ride the longer routes. Contact the PPA office if you are keen.

But I applaud your willingness to help out.  I wish more riders would want to follow your example.  We need riders to be there, ride with the groups, help keep the ride safe (and also to assist when there is an emergency)

niemand het my weer daaroor gekontak nadat ek gevolunteer het nie.........

I was the only one that did not follow the wheel infront of me when we hit Helz' date=' I refuse to ride on the wrong side of the road. I again stayed on the right side when every one f**ked into the wrong lane, I mean come the ****on, it was not that hard to ride without a wheel in the VA Bunch.

That said, I think if I was riding with the Elites it might have been a differant storyWink
[/quote']

Clap Clap Clap Clap

You see, this man knows right from wrong and when he races he chooses to do the right thing. However, is he wrong for quietly acknowledging that racing Elite might evoke a different mindset?

Clap

I'm no Saint, I like to do the right thing when I can but the lines get blurry when you are not strong enough to do the right thing on your own, then your survival instinct / pride kicks in and f**ks everything upEmbarrassed<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Agree on Pantani and Spinnekop....boyz...it is racing so PPA must cater for racing...so the only solution would be ROLLING ROAD CLOSURE!

There was sections at Sundays race where the cop car rode infront to direct the traffic more to the right to give us more "space" that works because it is safe to do so, it happened on the road from Wellington back to Stellenbosch. That was very "nice" to do and it works well for the racing. Funrides they do not have to have that type of rolling closures, there is also no EXTRA fee involved cause cop car is already there.

What I do not agree with is those guys on Hels on top of a hill on the wrong side...NOT CLEVER! You can clearly see they were back markers and that "little" shortcut is not gonna help you much...your race was longtime by that time.

I was the only one that did not follow the wheel infront of me when we hit Helz' date=' I refuse to ride on the wrong side of the road. I again stayed on the right side when every one f**ked into the wrong lane, I mean come the ****on, it was not that hard to ride without a wheel in the VA Bunch.

[/quote']

jaa. well Marius if you sitting at the back 99% of the time then it will be easier(and you will be moaning about your low HR average).. with Your form you should be making the action at the front most of the time..Wink

"However' date=' is he wrong for quietly acknowledging that racing Elite might evoke a different mindset?"

YES !!!!

[/quote']

Then great... we have to ensure that this message gets to the Elite's. I'm sure some of them will laugh behind their faces but the fact remains that we need to be consistent in our admonishing of "line crossers"!

so tjoppies. will rolling closures only be than for the Elite's ?

What about the ladies, vets, sud-vets

I read somewhere that the A caught the sub-vets and vets, (I think)

So, who did the Racing here ? "A" ... or the so called racing groups?

Or is it going to be rolling closure just for the "CREAM"?... Unfair towards the rest, if you askedme.

but, its only my opinion.

Oh, just one more thing... Will the Elites than paying more to get rolling closure?

Will rolling closure then only for the "sharp end" or front 5 or 10, or for the whole Elite group,

Because we also pass some Elites on our way back to the Bos, and we were in F. So , than even the F group will have rolling closure.

a lot to think about to have rolling closure implemented. I think.

popeye2007-12-04 01:57:32

Rolling road closures would be great, hell, just having a nice open finish would be fantastic (like Die Burger did well!), but it's not realistic.  Especially not for the SUmmer races in the Southern Peninsula.  We need motorists on our side, not p.. them off even more!  We managed to stay left all season, so why suddenly is it an issue?!

ok, so here's an idea - in order to have rolling road closure your'e gonna need at least 4 motorbikes per group getting through an intersection - so let's assume that each start bunch breaks up into 3 groups that need the rolling road closure. at say R400 per marshal (NB there's the petrol and insurance and wear and tera on the bike etc etc) so now you're looking at R400 x 4 x 3 = R4800 PER START GROUP just to keep numbnuts who can't ride on the right side of the road safe????????

WTF???????? just how much do you want to pay to race?????

sorry, but as a biker/cyclist i'm not gonna give up my sundays to marshal peeps with this kind of attitude at no charge so for the occasional worthwhile charity event i'll cover my petrol costs etc myself but otherwise i insist on reimbursement. motorbike tyres are not cheap and they need to be replaced due to wear and tear and slow riding wears the centre of the tyres more thatn the sides and then you need to replace. riding at slow speeds on a superbike makes the poor baby overheat... more maintenance... etc etc etc.

and do NOT tell me you need to cross the white line to make a break - i've seen the front end on events in the rear view mirror enought o know it's not needed.

DQ DQ DQ. yes, if this time you only DQ a handfull of the culprits they will bitch and moan - tough shyte to them. they must then spill the beans on the rest of the culprits.

AL, pantani and linnega - if you want the road closure then offer to pay for it. race entry fees only go so far. you pay each metro department whose jurisdiction you enter for permission to hold the event and rolling road closure will entail further charges.

so tjoppies. will rolling closures only be than for the Elite's ?

What about the ladies' date=' vets, sud-vets

I read somewhere that the A caught the sub-vets and vets, (I think)

So, who did the Racing here ? "A" ... or the so called racing groups?

Or is it going to be rolling closure just for the "CREAM"?... Unfair towards the rest, if you askedme.

but, its only my opinion.

Oh, just one more thing... Will the Elites than paying more to get rolling closure?
[/quote']

Hey pops watchit boetie, nobody caught us speed merchants in VA!  Hell, we had to cutt corners to stay awayWink

Nobody caught usAngry

As for the 'racing mindset'.  PUHLEASE!  Don't make me snort my Cornflakes.  Just because you think you are fast doesn't make you stupid too.