Sit back and have a good........

Skye

Guest colonel

GL: What do all the riders need to do for you not to look down on them in your high and mighty RACING mind and for you not be to nasty to "Funriders"? No offence but you were to and also are a funrider and without them we wouldnt of produced a few "Pro" riders we have today so please do me a favour and get off your high horse and making it that every guy that rides league or similiar has no idea what racing is about or what it takes. They atleast out there racing.colonel2007-12-04 04:00:53

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GL: What do all the riders need to do for you not to look down on them in your high and mighty RACING mind and for you not be to nasty to "Funriders"? No offence but you were to and also are a funrider and without them we wouldnt of produced a few "Pro" riders we have today ........

ClapClapClapClapClapClap Funriders + League = win. The one cannot survive with the other. mdk5552007-12-04 04:03:11

AL' date=' pantani and linnega - if you want the road closure then offer to pay for it. race entry fees only go so far. you pay each metro department whose jurisdiction you enter for permission to hold the event and rolling road closure will entail further charges.
[/quote']

you understand me wrong....rolling road closure meaning a cop driving in front directing traffic a bit to the right to make it a bit safer.....you will never have all the people working with the "do not cross the white line rule". that is what i have said in my first post.....i am also against riding on the wrong side of the line but hell....if i have to go there then so be it.....

not going to argue about this because it is not worth it. just told what i think of the issue.
AuctionLamb2007-12-04 04:04:50

ek stem saam met spidy,dis die pro se brood en boter hy kan nie bekostag om die ou voor hom se wiel te los nie,hy moet ook sy goed betaal die einde van die maand !!

Guest colonel

There is always a cop car infront of the Elites anyway so the service is htere all they need to do now is make him flash his lights and drive alittle further up the road and make the cars get out the way for 2min.

I wonder where the team managers are? the people driving the cars... Wonder what their views are on competitive racing and safety?

So, it is popular opinion that crossing the white line when racing is generally, well stupid for lack of a better word. I think I've heard the phrases "dumb idiots, stupid fools" often enough to safely say that it is an easy label to apply.

I'm sure there are a couple elite riders out there reading these posts saying, "We just don't understand..."

Well, if you're one of those Elite riders, we just don't understand... Would be nice if some of you might help us understand... We all know that contracted riders at the front of races are out there giving it hell for leather and I'm sure that there are some amongst us who understand their collective psyche. It's just a pity that we have allowed a stigma to become attached to this issue and many will rather remain silent than give us their view...

Folks... I'm all for open dialogue, and believe that every story has two sides to it. Life, limb, injury or even death. So be it, there are compelling reasons why people do the things that they do, stupidity is far too simplistic!

dis nes soos colonel ook se daar is n copcar wat die karre van voor af al stop voor die pro's by hulle kom, so daai golf het seker al stil gestaan toe die elite ryers verby gegaan het !!!

THis is not so easy. 95% of Hubbers and race organisers have a funride mentality' date=' they don't understand RACING. I stopped doing the league racing cause I think it's wrong to DQ someont that rides 10cm over the white line on a straight road. But to ride in the right hand yellow line on a blind corner is stupid. One of the pics is of the front 10 elites in a PRO TOUR race (Burger), surely they must have cop cars , comms in front of them to pull cars off. But if you dropped out of a sub vets bunch you're out of the racing, then stay left.

The organisers is at fault here, why didnt they move the riders over if they are so concerned? It happened in their Tour de Winelands with David B team as well. They will say they cant police 100k's. If they knew racing they will know they dont have to.

You have problems around the right hand bends, and if the wind blows from the left.

THey could have traffic cones coming out of old Helsh towards the one lane on the left with marshalls policing. Which prize winners money will you now take away?

Rolling road closure for the racing people is sooo easy, you have 2 cop cars in front of the bunch asking people to move over.

David B DQ everyone but the top 3 in the break. But I'm sure it wont be good for your political career in cycling.
[/quote']

Groot Lem vir president!!!Clap

That is the same thing that what I have said...cop car in front and move the cars a bit to the right to make it safer....it happened on Sunday and it worked very well!

My dispute is not with the fact that we all want safe, closed roads to race on.  Heck, we all want the whole road for ourselves.  My issue is that it is not always practical to do it.  Especially in the southern suburbs in the new year.  Closing Ou Kaaps, Fish Hoek Main road and the rest of the peninsula is not really practical and rolling closures will be a nightmare over there plus pi$$ing off the locals to no end!  Why not just race left of the white line and keep the races in our calendar?

Or do you guys suggest we just stick to racing the Malmesbury backwaters all year like they do in the badly attended winter league?

Pantani

YO are a cold hearted asshole

Please, no more praise for Pantani, you will just make his head bigger!

Constructive debate will be great

Pantani

Why? because he disagrees with you? have you ever even got close to racing with the Elites?

There was a commissaire keeping traffic out of the way so whats the problem?!

Pantani

Why? because he disagrees with you? have you ever even got close to racing with the Elites?

Why, have you?LOLLOL

In summary,

some people are willing to take more risks than others.

some people are willing to endanger themselves and others so as to be able to be first ( if that what winning means). (playing chicken has a totally new meaning- maybe some guys should do some training on the moloto road, to get used to the feeling of bearing down on a Putco buss, an experience that may or may not prepare you for "licenced cycling").

Some days you are the pidgeon and other days you are the statue. I just hope that when I am forced to cross the white line, there is not a ten tonne truck coming my way.