Carbon vs Alu

Garfield2010

The Caad10 is a modern cutting edge alu design. Some comments even suggest that Cannondale used its geometry and tube shapes for the Evo, just in carbon. I don't think it has any obvious compromises.

A properly designed modern carbon frame (Cervelo R5, Cannondale Evo, etc) should weigh around 900g finished, give or take a bit. If you are going to fork out the big bucks you might as well get something properly engineered and optimised.

It has to be carbon. It is way cooler, the moulded tubes are sexier and re-sale is better. Carbon is the Blackberry of bicycles and aluminium the Nokia.

Team Liquigas don't ride CAAD 10's, they ride carbon Super Six's.

They also don't have to pay for their own bikes.

It has to be carbon. It is way cooler, the moulded tubes are sexier and re-sale is better. Carbon is the Blackberry of bicycles and aluminium the Nokia.

Haha dude... I have a BB Torch and it sucks pretty bad!!!! Bring back my nokia!!!

In the Bicycling review they said that the CAAD's top tube is very thin. They also said that you must be very careful when you clamp it to your bike rack. There is a lot of carbon bikes under R20 000.

BB's are fugly. What Christie said thumbup1.gif

Just went through a similar thing with a guy at work. Ended up with a Merida Full Ultegra almost just about brand new for R7000 - hub deal.

He learn the ropes on it, pretty decent looks and well speced bike for R7k.

If he likes us, he can sell in a year's time and get a carbon beast without losing much

Why spend R20k if you don't even know what a BB is???

Why spend R20k if you don't even know what a BB is???

BB?. . you refering to that bit between the cranks?

with the like bearings and stuff in right