Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Yesterday I drove to work for the 3rd time this year. I hated every moment of it. Back on the bike this morning again and I am a rather happy person again :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... is that it will take me five months of commuting to pay for the kit I bought to commute in :w00t:

My set up costs to commute amounted to about R13000. Payback period 2.5 months

Bike, lights, shoes, clothes, locks,carrier rack , bag

Worth every cent.

That I am super competitive. If I see another cyclist\commuter on my route I will chase you down for no apparent reason, especially those twats who decide to not stop at red lights!!

Perfect i would split off at the Walton/Whisken intersection - which days do you ride

"Normally" Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, depending on how tired I am, meetings, other appointments etc.

I realised how easily one can get passed a stalled truck across both lanes of koeberg interchange by bicycle...

I would have sat for 30min in the car had I not commuted...

What a great start to the week.

I realised how easily one can get passed a stalled truck across both lanes of koeberg interchange by bicycle...

I would have sat for 30min in the car had I not commuted...

What a great start to the week.

I had a couple of those and am often reminded how awesome it is to commute by bike.

The only thing that gets me at the moment is the freezing cold of getting on the bike at 6 in the morning. Still always happy to have cycled

I learned today (in the car) that tomorrow morning's commute is gonna be chilly, very chilly.....

Edited by divernick

I learned today (in the car) that tomorrow morning's commute is gonna be chilly, very chilly.....

i rode this morning and all i can say is tomorow is gonna be warm compared to today !

This morning was very very "fresh" on the bike ... time to whip out the thick gloves!

i rode this morning and all i can say is tomorow is gonna be warm compared to today !

Mondays and Fridays are car days so I missed the 1st cold day of this winter.

Mondays and Fridays are car days so I missed the 1st cold day of this winter.

dont feel bad :whistling:

Winter has definitely arrived...the fresh blasts of cold air woke me up pretty quickly today! All the more reason to pedal harder, just to warm up!